Good Enough to Eat

After dropping off all the pokémon at the Pokémon Center, the sisters had decided to join them for breakfast, which ended up with Giovanni treating all three females. Ash sat next to him, eating her omelet with a gusto that was typical of the girl, especially when it came to food. Giovanni just had a cup of plain black coffee and the sisters decided to split a country fried steak breakfast between themselves.

"Is that all you're going to have?" Ash furrowed her eyebrows, surprisingly directing that question at Giovanni. He'd rather thought she'd ask the sisters that, and tell them to order whatever they wanted because he was paying.

"Yes," he said dryly. "I always have a cup of black coffee in the morning."

"But that's it?" she continued incredulously.

"Yes," he gave her a bland look.

She huffed, turning back to her food and cutting up a piece. "You don't even have sugar or creamer in there! No wonder you're so sour and grumpy all the time." She stabbed the piece of omelet with her fork, but took Giovanni aback when she shoved it in his direction. "Eat!"

He and the two sisters shared the disbelieving reaction, eyebrows rising at the determined girl. Ah well. It didn't seem like he was going to get out of it, so he resigned himself to be spoon fed an omelet breakfast, shared with his new partner in crime. He didn't even say anything when she hailed over the waitress and began questioning them on the kind of creamers they had, settling on French Vanilla for him to try.

"I forgot to ask earlier, especially with all the…excitement going on," Alexa started, understating Ash's whole odd ragequit and behavior, "but how do you know each other?"

"Ah, I forgot to introduce you guys!" Ash exclaimed before she put another piece of the omelet to Giovanni's lips. He rolled his eyes, but ate it. "Alexa, Viola, meet Giovanni Rocketto. Giovanni, meet Alexa and Viola!"

Both sisters' eyes widened, because even in Kalos Giovanni was well-known. His business did more than well there, and he'd been an infamous battler and gym leader.

"He's my husband," Ash said cheerily and then ate another piece of her omelet.

Giovanni sweatdropped, and then observed the women's reactions to that statement, seeing their eyes bulge out and then them gaping at the 'couple.' He also had to mentally shake his head at Ash and her casual admittance to that, especially given how just last night she'd vehemently been refusing the role.

"W-wow, husband, huh?" Viola seemed dazed. "That's…amazing. I knew you two already had some kind of odd chemistry, but…" she muttered under her breath that last bit.

Alexa interrupted. "I had no idea! Last time I saw you, I thought you were single."

Giovanni started getting nervous, knowing that they should've talked out their story beforehand. However, Ash started talking before he could interrupt and try to save face, only to be godsmacked by her.

"Yeah, I didn't mention it," she shrugged, feeding him again. He quietly went along with it, while also listening in closely, waiting if there was a time he needed to jump in. Otherwise, he let her go on, impressed by how easily she was weaving their story. "That's why I got sidetracked and left you so suddenly back in Lumiose. Giovanni was there and we were getting ready and stuff, 'cause you know –we're on our honeymoon."

He had to mask his surprise, and nodded like he knew what she was talking about.

Ash waved her fork about. "We got married in Unova; I think a little before I met you, Alexa. I didn't have a ring then, because I have such small fingers and all and I had to get it resized," she wiggled the fingers of her free hand at them, and therefore flashing her brand new ring. And if Giovanni was right, amazing as it was, Ash had timed that and did that purposely.