Stay With Me

Charlotte's P.O.V.:
Of course I told him to kill me. Did he really have a choice? Anyone could look at me and know I wasn't going to make it, I'm just his dead weight. He just wouldn't do it, he just wanted to save me, but look at me, what was left to save? I looked behind Matt's shoulder, I saw Slender running close behind him, I knew I was slowing him down, and in a couple minutes we'd both be caught. "Let go of me!" I cried, trying to wiggle myself away, he held on tighter, "No! I can't loose you! Please! I can save you!" Matt cried, "What is left to save at this point? I'm dead already, stop trying!" I told him, I tried to pry his arms off of me, but I was too weak. "Stop!" Matt screamed, "I'm getting you out of here!" I continued trying to break free, "No, you're going to die trying." I said, Matt just held tighter, Slender got closer and closer, I still held the axe in my hands, "I'm sorry, Matt." I said. He looked down at me, "Charlotte?...What are you gonna do?..." Matt asked. I swung the axe lightly and hit Matt's left arm. It didn't hit too hard, but the skin did break and some blood started to come out. He cried in pain and I flew out of his arms, and right into Slender's. "Charlotte, No!" Matt cried, I shook my head, "Keep going!" I yelled back to him, he sighed, finally giving in, there was nothing he could do now. He ran faster, and was soon out of sight. Slender looked at me, I looked at him, we just stared at each other for a few seconds. "Well? If you're going to do something then just do it." I said, he dropped me to the ground and pulled the jacket off of my chest. I looked down at my chest, I read what was on it, Slender looked up at me. He stuck his finger into the mud next to me, then wrote something down. "I'm sorry." I read it, "Ok, so now what? Are you going to kill me and get this over with, or keep torturing me?" I asked, I looked at the mud, "I'm not going to kill you. I like you." I laughed, "Oh yeah, sorry I didn't think that with the whole, 'trying to kill me' thing." I said sarcastically. "I wasn't trying to kill you, I knew you weren't dead." I sighed, "Well then why'd you choke me? And the dead bodies?" I couldn't believe I was talking to him, kinda, I just wanted him to kill me quickly if he was going to, was he actually trying to keep me? Like a pet or something? "You hurt me, I hurt you back, we are even." I remembered stabbing him, but what he did was worse. "And the bodies?" I asked, "I like you. I want to keep you. Those other people I didn't like. I brought them here." I was getting really creeped out, is that why Matt was here? Slender was trying to kill him? "But I broke my ankle, Isn't that why you took me in?" I questioned, "No. You broke your ankle because I brought you here." I replayed the scene in my mind, the tree stump just appeared out of nowhere, but how could there be a stump if I was in the real world? "You made me break my ankle?! Why?!" I yelled at him, "So you couldn't leave. I healed you so you would want to stay. But you tried to run away." I sighed. How was I supposed to get out of this? "Are you trying to kill Matt?" I asked, with tears in my eyes, "Yes." tears ran down my face. "If I stay with you, will you let Matt go?" Slender didn't write anything for a few seconds, then he answered. "No." I suddenly got angry, "Then I'm not staying with you. Unless you let Matt go." I said, "I never said you had a choice." Slender looked up at me. "Then I'll keep running away, I'll find all the pages and get out of here. Then you won't have me anymore. I'll never come back to the forest and I'll never get caught by you again." I smiled at Slender, but he shook his head, "Why do you think the pages will let you out?" my smile suddenly dropped to a frown, "T-that's what they are right?" I asked, starting to shake. "No. They are tracking devices. The more you get. The stronger connection I have." My heart stopped, Matt had all 8. "But...how do you get out then?" I said, trying not to cry, "You don't." I didn't try hard enough, I felt the tears going down my face. He wiped the tears from my eyes, "Please. Stay with me. Stop hurting me. I don't like hurting you." I looked at him, still crying, "No. I have a family, I have Matt. I can't leave them behind." I couldn't imagine how my parents were right now, "But you ran away. And now you want them again?" I cried more, "I always wanted them! I love them! I'm just a stupid 16 year old making stupid decisions and not wanting to accept that there are consequences!" I shouted, I curled up in a ball and cried, I just wanted to go home. "What does it mean to love someone?" Slender wrote, I sighed, "You care about them more than anything else, often more than yourself. You'll do anything for them, and if they love you, they'll do the same." Slender started writing and I realized the mistake I had made, when I read his words, I knew it was too late. "I love you. That's why you have to stay with me. I love you so much, I won't let you run away."