Ch.5- TALKS AT MIDNIGHT

I was left there in a hallway staring at myself in the little compact mirror that I had. My hair was practically all over the place, I saw a new pimple that was starting to grow on my cheek, and my forehead was all greasy and full of soot from potion brewing. I did a spell to fix myself up and ran back to the Potions classroom.

If I can't get Fred to tell me what's wrong, I'm gonna have his twin spill all the guts on this matter. I waited for him outside the classroom. I leaned against the cold door and waited for him.

Ten minutes have already passed. I saw Hermione telling Lavender that she was stirring it in the wrong direction, Seamus was sneering and sometimes scoffing whenever Harry said something, what is up with Seamus? Finally, I saw George packing his things. His partner was Angelina Johnson, who was captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. He finally walked towards the door. When he saw me, he said, "Hey Cassie, what-" Whatever he was going to say was cut off when I pulled him by his tie and dragged him to an empty hallway. "Ow, ow, ow! Easy there Cassie" he complained as I finally let go of him. "So, what's up?" he asked like nothing happened. "What's up is that you're brother is observing distance from me. Do I really look that terrible?" I asked in a slightly whiny voice. "I don't really know what's got his knickers in such a tight twist today. And no, you don't look terrible." he said calmly. How can he not know? They're twins for Merlin's sake! "Spill it George! I haven't got all day." I said slightly irritated. He put both hands on my shoulders and said, "Look Cassie, I know that you think he's my twin and all, but I don't know everything about him. Believe me, I tried asking me and he just kept shrugging the question off." I looked at him in disbelief and disappointment. He didn't even tell his twin? This issue with him has got to be serious. "Thanks Georgie, and uhmm, sorry for pulling you all the way here, I wad just worried." He gave me a wide smile and ruffled my hair "S'okay Cassie!" he said cheerily as I tried to swat his hand away. "But George," I began "Yeah?" he answered "Can you try to talk to Fred for me, please? Just try." I said with a pleading look surging through my eyes. He gave me a sideways hug which, in fact, wasn't comfortable. "Sure Cassie," he said "He's a big boy, you know. Freddie's stronger than you think he is." he finished his statement with a reassuring smile that me smile a bit. Just a bit. I just hope he was right. "Anyway," I said trying to change the subject "is Hermione still in there?" He seemed to think of his answer at first but he finally replied "They had to do it again just as Angelina and I were halfway done. Hermione just kept yelling at poor Lavender at maybe about everything she does." I sighed, she knew perfectly that Lavender had a thing for Ron and I knew that Mione wasn't gonna back down easily. "I think you can still catch her if you go now." he said looking at his watch. "Thanks Georgie!" I said as I sprinted back to the Potions classroom again. I saw that Professor Snape was alreatdy checking their work. Harry passed by me and said 'Hi' then he told me that he'd be in the common room if Hermione and I needed any help. I said 'thanks' then he went back to the common room with Ron. Finally, I saw Hermione chucking her book into her bag in an aggressive manner. Was it Snape or Lavender? Maybe both. She stopped by the door when she saw me, "Hey Cassie," she said sadly. "You didn't have to wait for me though, I could've just met you at the common room." I patted her lightly on the shoulder and said, "It's okay Hermione, are we gonna go to the library now or do you want to catch a snack first?" She told me that she wasn't that hungry and neither was I so we headed for the library, chatting about how Lavender was such an epic failure at Potions and Snape practically screamed at Lav for being so clumsy. After that subject was dropped, we talked about anything and everything.

Anything and everything besides Fred's issues.

•Fred's POV•

"Nah, nothing's bothering me." I said a little bit too quickly as I turned on my feet and walked briskly to the direction of the Gryffindor common room.