Chapter 4: Talking Scarecrow... Where's The Tin Man? (Wrong book buddy...)

I walked along the trail quietly, listening to the dirt and rocks crunch underneath my worn shoes as I whistled an old Latin Lullaby, something they my mother used to sing to me before she... Moved on. I quickly lost myself in my thoughts, not noticing the thing in front of me... Until I ran face first into it. I seem to have a really big tendency to do that. I quickly stumbled backwards, looking over the figure. At least, what I could see of it. Long locks on silver hair covered most of the figure, reaching as far down as the ankles. The head was limp, the arms pinned up to a wooden stake almost like a scarecrow. A large black robe covered the body of the figure, but I believed that the figure was most likely a female. Hoping that this was the person that the Cheshire Girl had been talking about, I gently tapped her with my foot.

In an instant, the figure sprang to life, it's head shooting up faster than a bomb out of a cannon. I jumped in surprise, squeaking slightly. The figure looked at me, revealing a bright green-yellow cat like eye, the right one seemingly replaced with a large black button, hundreds of scars marking the area around it. I shuddered slightly as the figure chuckled at me, revealing a sharp row of teeth. "So, you must be the new Alice..." The figure spoke, it's voice surprisingly kind despite the creepy looks.

I nodded, slightly confused. 'Admin, are you sure you've got the right book?' I questioned. (Yes, this is the right book!) 'You sure you didn't confuse this with the Wizard of Oz?' I questioned again, once more in my head. (Yes! Now get back to your job!) 'Fine, fine.' The girl chuckled. "Name's Raven. What yours?" She asked, pulling at her arm gently as to gesture at me. "Seto." I responded. "My name is Seto."

"Well Seto-" Raven replied, tugging on her arm once more. "Could you possibly help un-pin me? The two trouble making twins pinned me up again, and since I'm only made of straw, I'm too weak to do do myself." I nodded quickly, gently pulling out the array of pins keeping her attached to the bars of wood. Once she was finally free, she stretched, plopping down on her stump. "So, which road do you wanna take?" She questioned, looking up at me.

I shrugged. "Which one is better?" "Well, both lead to the same place. One is a higher road, one is a flatter road. Both lead to the Red Trail however, and may have a few Card Guards around. But don't fret too much. They can't do much harm." I nodded in understanding, questioning myself about the issue. "High road or low road, high road or low road..." I mumbled in thought.

"If it were me, I would recommend the high road. There's less chance of guards." Raven said, chuckling at my confusion. "Then high road it is!" I said, taking towards the path on the left. About halfway I'm me getting down the small stretch if road, Raven called out to me. "Uhh.. Seto?! Your going the wrong way!" I blushed in embarrassment, quickly turning around and heading back down. When I got to the split again, Raven placed a small flower and straw crown on my head, patting me gently on the back.

"Good luck out there Seto." She said, ushering me on my way. I looked back at her smiling waving figure, before looking at the long stretch in front of me, and heading on my way.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Again with this?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ugh, you just won't leave me alone...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Fine. Just leave me alone!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The room sat in a quiet murmur of darkness, a few people whispering, but otherwise there was silence. That was, until the door opened, casting the long shadow of a long haired female across the floor and wall. The room fell deathly silent as the figure stepped in, their eye glowing. After a long moment of silence, someone spoke up.

"Well, is he trustworthy? Will he save us?" The figure strong in silence for a minute, as if thinking. "His thoughts are clouded with worry, but his mind very creative. Yet he seems so fragile... I just hope he stays safe." And with that, the figure slipped out, leaving everyone in the room questioning. But as they left, their wrist glowed a slight purple from under their cloak, as well as an arm, a card, and four sets if ears. More had been revealed.