Chapter 5 1/2: Warrior(s) Of The Red Spade (Part: 2) ((GORE WARNING))

(A/N:) *sitting curled up in a ball in a dark corner* FINALLY! FINALLY! AFTER TWO FREAKING YEARS, I HAVE IDEAS!! *clears throat* Sorry about that! Hi guys! It's Galaxy again. Sorry this took so long to get posted. I had a really tough mental road block, as well as friend drama and school and all that fun stuff! But no matter! Things are finally getting finished! So I do hope you like this, and hopefully the next chapter will be out sooner! See ya! ~G

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silence. Everything was silent. The thunderous pounding of feet against stone had dissipated. Even the heavy, ragged, breathing of the beast had stopped. Had he simply left? Or was he dead? I stayed still, afraid that if I made a single sound, I would be crushed between the creatures jaws. But everything was just still. After a moment which felt like forever, I peeked our from behind the panel. The creature, whatever it could have been, was dead. It had no signs of injury from what I could see, but a large amount of blood pooling from the bottom. It's fur was also bloody. I still held my breath, somewhat worried, as I slowly stepped out of the cubby where I had hidden. Walking around the body to avoid the blood, I saw that the side of the beast was sliced open, bones and organs exposed between chunks of matted fur. I immediately turned away from the sight, despite having nothing left to regurgitate from my stomach. I felt almost bad for the beast. I assumed it must have been the work of his psychotic owner. The madman had no soul. I slowly began to pad away from the crimson corpse, heading back down the trail that it had chased me. I was going to try and escape. Even if that meant killing this psycho.

Halfway down the hall, I felt something wet, sticky and warm start running down my arm. I looked down to see my arm bleeding profusely. Oh, that's right. I cut myself on a stone earlier. I probably need to cover that. I looked back at the corpse of the hairy beast. I guess it was my only shot and getting something to stop the bleeding. I gulped, creeping back to it. After searching the body, I discovered that the tie was surprisingly clean. I slowly grabbed one of his cold paws, using a claw to cut it off before tying it around my arm snugly. Then, I headed off again. After a bit of back-tracking, I found myself once more at the throne room. Granted, this time I was at a side entrance, but I was there nonetheless. The man was sat once again on his throne, surrounded by the bloody corpses. It made me sick, but luckily he didn't see me. The guards were now missing, leaving the throne room empty except for me and him.

I noticed a set of weaponry hung on the wall, a bow and an axe crossed together. I slowly slid the axe out of its holster. It weighed heavy in my hands, but it would have to do. I took a deep breath, and stepped inside the throne room. The moment the blonde looked up at me with maddening eyes, I raise my weapon slightly. "Let me past. I just want to get home. I don't want trouble." I tried my hardest to sound brave, but that alone was a challenge in itself as he slowly approached me, a gleaming sword stained red in his hand. "I see that my useless mutt didn't end you after all... I'm glad he's finally dead. He was worthless." He smirked , lifting the sword. "Well, If you want a job done right, you've got to do it yourself." He grinned, and began to laugh. A strange, intoxicating laugh, that shows the true madness that resides with a man. And then he swung at me.

It took me a few seconds to come to my senses after that. So dazed by the insanity of the man I nearly forgot my own safety. I raised the axe, flinching at the loud clang of metal on metal. I pushed the sword away with the thick wooden handle, swinging with all my might towards him. He merely stepped to the side, avoiding it entirely, and sending me twirling. Once I caught myself, my eyes widened as the bloodied blade came flying at me. I tucked and rolled. Guess this won't be a walk in the park, huh? I swung again as our blades collided, trying my hardest to stand my ground. We pulled away, and I swung. My swing finally hit contact, leaving a long but shallow cut along the taller's side. He hissed in pain, laughing out again manically as his movements became more erratic. Back and forth, back and forth we swung and fought. He would land a cut on my face, I would land a cut on his arm. We would lock weapons, eyes glaring daggers. One would push the other off, and the process would start all over again. Swing, swing, slash, miss, slash, hit. Lock weapons.

But this time, he didn't pull away. He pointed the tip of his sword at me, and began pushing down. My arms, weak with the lack of energy and added weight of the weapon, could barely hold. My knees began to buckle. I kneeled to the ground, trying to push back. This was it. I was as good as dead. I fell farther back, my heels locking into the jagged floor as I pushed back with all my might. But I knew I wouldn't make it. Apparently the so called king knew too. He began giggling. Giggles turned into chuckles. And the chuckling turned into a crazed, ear piercing, mind numbing laugh. His pressure loosened. This was my chance to strike. I took a deep breath and bit my lip, pushing back with all the strength I had left in me. It caught him off guard, and the sword went flying from his hands, making a harsh clanging on the blood-stained stone floor. I scrambled to my feet, racing toward it. We were neck and neck, racing for the fallen weapon. As my fingers miraculously wrapped around the handle, I gripped it tight, closed my eyes, and jabbed it forward as hard as I could.

I heard the laughing slow to a stop, and a cold thud. I slowly opened an eye. I had hit my mark.

The blade had sunk cleanly between the ribs, a dark red stain climbing up the tan shirt of the blonde. He was on his knees, staring up at the sky, into nothingness. A small bit of blood was trickling from the corner of his mouth. After a minute or two, he looked back down at me, and chuckled weakly. The chuckled turned into a raspy cough, blood spewing from his lungs. "I never expected... to lose... to an Alice like you..." He croaked out, staring back into the empty void he was lost in before. "Finally, my old friend... I will see you again." A faint smile appeared on his face as he gripped the blade's handle. Before I could question a single action, or utter a single word, he pulled out the crimson weapon, and dropped dead to the floor before my eyes.

I gasped in slight surprise, before closing my mouth. It was his decision. He chose death. I gently walked over, closing his cold eyelids before continuing on.

But only a few steps out of a crimson door marked with a spade, I blacked out.

______________________________________________________________

So... it's finally finished! The Warrior Of The Red Spade has met his end. Did you enjoy it? Please, let me know! And hopefully, next time I can produce a chapter faster! Well, see you next time! ~G