Chapter 5

The white and orange spaceship Frelur left the Moon two weeks ago. There isn't much to do so Branca learns the Union's common language Vi'itar. It's no easy feat but she has a gift for languages which makes all the difference. Roberto has tried to learn it but he isn't as good as her. Le'el spends all of his time preparing more lessons for Branca and Roberto. The days continue to pass and Branca continues to learn the Vi'itar language. Her cousins meet frequently at the café and spend most of the time talking to each other not bothering with learning anything from Le'el. They don't mingle with the people of the other nations, but they do spend time with Umberto that often seeks their company. They all know that this spaceship's goal is to find the Jupiterian spaceship but so far they had no such luck.

Only on the twenty-seventh day of their journey they finally encounter the spaceship. A massive spaceship that easily dwarfs the Frelur. Back at Branca's bedroom they all gather to discuss this new event.

"We have finally arrived." Says Le'el in Vi'itar. "This mother ship will take us to Aideranu and then to Duvu."

"What do you mean? How will it take us? We're inside Frelur, how do we leave the spaceship and move to the other?" Asks Branca, putting one word before the other, slowly making herself understood.

"I believe the larger ship will swallow the smaller one. I've seen it happen before. There's no other way."

"What are you two saying?" asks Gonçalo.

"His saying that we are going to be inside the Jupiterian spaceship." says Branca.

"What? How?"

"Well, if I understood correctly, he said that the bigger ship will swallow the smaller ship." The translator cyborg translates everything to Vi'tar and Le'el nods his head.

"Swallow? You mean... this ship is going to be inside the other ship?"

"That's what I understood too." Says Branca hesitantly looking at Le'el that nods again.

"That must be a very delicate approach." Says André.

"It must be. I don't know."

"I don't want to miss this. Gonçalo let's go find a window to watch the docking."

"Are you coming Branca?" asks Gonçalo.

"I might later when we're closer."

At that moment they hear the doorbell. Branca answers it and a woman in uniform salutes to her.

"Colonel Branca, the Captain wishes to see Le'el and his translator cyborg on a matter of great importance. Do you know where he is? I've been to his room but I got no answer."

"He's here. Please come in." Branca switches from English to Vi'itar. "Le'el she wants to talk to you."

"Sir, the Captain wishes to see you and your cyborg immediately. It's of great importance that you come at once."

"Of course." Says Le'el.

Le'el, the cyborg and the woman leave the bedroom, leaving behind curious minds.

"What was all that about?" asks André.

"I don't know. As far as I know this is the first time that the Captain shows any interest in LE'el." Says Branca.

"It must be important otherwise he wouldn't send someone to pick him up." Says Umberto.

"Whatever it is, it's something to do with that spaceship. I'm going to see the docking. Are you coming or not?"

"No, I'll stay here waiting for Le'el. If he doesn't come then I'll go and find a window to see it."

"Ok, fine." Says André.