Actors; Love and War

"I don't think you should go."

"Why not?"

Evan looked at his friend, whom sat on a small chair a couple feet away from him. "Meh, I just have this... weird feeling. Isn't this the girl who broke your heart last week?"

"Oh, fuck off, Jon."

The man giggled and pushed off of the chair, sending himself straight into Evan,"I would if I could~! You are the one who summoned me from my never-ending battle of being stuck in the void, my soul wandering for an eternity."

Evan laughed at the deep voice Jon put on, and the weird thing he did with his fingers as he floated, making a constipated-looking face. "How was I supposed to know the coffee-pot was haunted? Especially by a shitty ass ghost like yourself."

"Maybe next time I should write a note."

Evan rolled his eyes and turned back to the mirror, straightening out the collar of his flannel. "Why can't you just stay here and watch netflix with me? Why do you need to find this soulmate of yours?"

The Canadian sighed and looked back over to Jon,"Y'know why. We've been through this. I just-I keep seeing her in every dream. An outline of her really, and whenever I get close to her its like I'm-Like I'm flying, yeah? But emotionally."

The spirit didn't seem convinced as he dropped onto the ground, standing in front of Evan with a frown,"She hasn't shown up yet, why would it be tonight? Besides, this girl is too slutty to be the 'one' you keep talking about."

A frown fell on Evans face,"Shut up, Jon."

"No, I'm being serious here. How do we know your dream girl isn't, like, Taylor Swift or something? It isn't this girl, trust me, man. I can feel it, in my chest. Its weird, I don't know."

Evan didn't want to hear it, and he grabbed his phone and wallet, trying to end this conversation as quick as he could,"You tell me this now? We've been dating for at least seven months, Jon. I love her."

"But does she love you?"

The two's eyes met, and Evan glared at Jon. "Shut up."

"You should ask her."

"Jon, stop."

"I'm just trying to help you. Look-"

"No, no, just stop talking," Evan muttered, checking the mirror once more before walking into the living room. "Evan-"

"Jon! Just-just stop! I don't need this doubt, okay? All I want is a healthy relationship, one where I'm not just used, and I thank you for trying to get me there, but you're just making it worse b-by putting these girls down, pointing out every mistake and flaw. I don't need it, okay?"

"I just want to see you happy," Jon said, backing away from the front door as Evan grabbed the knob. "I do too, but it just feels like no one is good enough, not for you."

"Evan, stop it. I'm not... shopping for you, I'm not picking out which girl I think is best for you, I'm just-"

"You're what!?"

"I'm trying to keep you from getting hurt!" They had been yelling at eachother, and Jon had risen several feet in the air, angled toward Evan, who held a bouquet of flowers he had picked up from the coffee table.

"Well, you aren't doing too well, are you!?"

"She isn't the one!"

"She's never the one!" Evan screamed at the ghost, picking up a cup before throwing it at Jon, who dodged it unnecessarily and watched it hit the wall behind him and shatter. The two stared at the broken glass for several seconds before they looked at eachother again. "I'll be back in a few hours," He said through gritted teeth before slamming the door behind him.