Don't Cross Your Fingers

Ryder's POV

It was silent on the way to the arena this morning. I didn't say anything to Tay and she didn't say anything to me. You could tell we were super nervous because this is the last chance for us to get to Sochi.

We finally pulled up to the arena and we just sat in the car for what seemed like forever.

" Ry I'm scared." Tay says after a while.

" I know Tay, I am too." I say truthfully.

" I'm just crossing my fingers." She says while laughing a little. It was one of those nervous laughs.

" No Tay don't cross your fingers because last time we crossed our fingers we didn't make the team." I say to her.

" Yeah your right Ryder." She said before getting out of my car.

I followed her inside the arena, last practice they told us to meet out on the ice surface where we play ball hockey. Me and Tay are late like usual but thankfully the coaches aren't out here yet.

Me and Tay went over and stood with Sidney and Jonathan. Surprisingly those two got along quite well, and in some way us four all became friends. I just hope we make the team with them because come on they'd be crazy for not taking those two to Sochi. They'd also be crazy for not taking me or Tay with them...

" How are you guys feeling?" Sidney asked us.

" Not as nervous as I thought I'd be." I say obviously lying because I am beyond nervous.

" Ah you guys have nothing to worry about." Jonathan says while smiling at us. And I could tell Tay was dying inside to jump on him and hug him. But we are both doing good on not blowing our cover.

Just then all the coaches walked out onto the surface.

" Alright we are going to make this as quick as possible. I wish we could take all you guys with us but unfortunately we can't, so for you who didn't make team try again the next time around. For those of you who did make it congratulations. So without further ado here is the list of players going to Sochi.

Roberto Luongo

Carey Price

Mike Smith

Duncan Keith

Dan Hamhuis

Shea Weber

Drew Doughty

Jay Bouwmeester

Alex Pietrangelo

Marc - Edouard Vlasic

P.K Subban

Ryan Masters

Tyler James

Matt Duchene

Patrick Sharp

Patrick Marleau

Chris Kunitz

Ryan Getzlaf

Jonathan Toews

John Tavares

Jamie Benn

Corey Perry

Martin St-Louis

Patrice Bergeron

Rick Nash

Jeff Carter

Sidney Crosby "

I couldn't believe it we made the team... BUT HOLY CRAP ME AND TAY MADE THE MEN's TEAM! WE'RE GOING TO SOCHI!!!!!!

I wanted to scream and jump up and down but me and Tay couldn't do that, guys don't do that kind of thing. I looked over at Tay and you could tell she was jumping for the heavens on the inside.

" Thank you, your all free to go." The coaches said before walking off. All the guys who didn't make it left right away, but those of us who did stuck around for a little bit.

I had to pinch myself a couple of times to make sure this wasn't a dream.

Turns out...

IT WASN'T!
Me and Tay are actually  going to Sochi!!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the long wait on an update! But here it is, now we're getting into the good stuff lol.

So Ryder and Taylor made the team!

Next chapter will probably be filled with the prep for the Olympics.

I hope everyone is enjoying this story! It really like writing it for you guys:)

So please comment if you like it!

Vote__Follow__Comment