2

Sakura looked over the unconscious boy before her. The boy was her other team mate, Sasuke Uchiha - Naruto had kept his promise to her. It had been a selfish promise, one that Sakura wouldn't had held against Naruto if he had returned empty handed. Instead she would have felt relieved to see at least Naruto - completely fine - not harmed or killed.

She was happy - but why did the feeling of guilt over weigh the feeling of happiness she felt whenever she looked at Sasuke.

She loved Sasuke - yet her feelings had changed. She realized too late.

Sakura laid the flowers in the vase next to her team mate's bed. She had received them from Ino when she had passed Choji's room.

What was she going to do? She silently thought to herself.

She didn't want to be weak - she wanted to be seen as strong. As a Kunochi that could handle herself.

Naruto had done everything for her, and what did she show in appreciation?

There was nothing to show. That's what.

She had come to Sasuke's side immediately - yet - she didn't go see Naruto.

She felt ashamed.

{Break}

He had made it out of the village's border.

Quickly applying more chakra to his feet - making his speed double. His comrades hadn't noticed, but Naruto was actually smart. Some would say a genius or a boy prodigy.

He had estimated that he had about a day - or so - until morning until the villagers found out he wasn't there any more. Imagining what the village would do or say without the demon fox to terrorize the lot of them.

He didn't know where he would go.

He just knew that any life without the constant reminder of being the villain that destroyed their precious village; would be a better quality of life for himself and the people within the village of Hidden Leaves.

He stopped - kneeling on a branch from one of the surrounding trees.

He had picked up three sets of voices. He wasn't a sensory type of ninja, but he could distinctly detect different types of chakra signatures.

The voices were nearing and Naruto could see the voices belonged to a group of ninjas from a nearing village.

The only question was: were they friends or foes?

Two of the voices belonged to two different types of males, and the third being a female.

Along with a silent companion - most likely their Sensei, or team leader, well Naruto guessed.

Naruto tried suppressing his chakra.

Forcing the nine tails to help him. After awhile, the team of ninjas seemed not to notice a fourth party. Thanking the fox inside him, silently.

As Naruto followed them into the land of Lightning. From the headbands the ninja wore.

He would get strong. He won't be seen as the dead last. He would improve himself. He would study, no matter what subject, he would give his all. He wanted a change. He wanted to be a leader, he just wanted to be. Important, wanted, and most of all loved. Yet, he knew the loving part would come much later. First, he wanted to see his new home.