Chapter 1

"You know how I get, seeing you around all those men!" Kevin kicks my legs, sending me to the floor tangled in my long black gown. "You brought this upon yourself Elizabeth!" He bends to slap me across the face, scratching me along the face with his long finger nails, leaving the side of my face scarred.

I'm on my hands and knees coughing and he brings his leg up and kicks me in the stomach making me cough up blood. I shut my eyes, trying to not think of the pain and to stay quiet. I know if I attempt to say something, he'll only give me more bruises.

He sees me cough blood  and bends down next to me. I sit against the wall for support, trying to wipe the blood away with the back of my hand, the blood soaks up into the gown. He grabs me gently and I start crying, knowing this is only going to end the same way it always does. "I'm sorry amor, you know I'm jealous seeing you around so many men... And you speaking to them dressed this way only makes me angrier with you." He grabs ahold of my cheeks and wipes away the blood with his thumb and kisses the scratch. I feel a burn from the contact.

He grabs me gently from the waist and slowly helps me to my feet. His hands back on my cheeks he silently says, "don't do that shit again or it will only be worse Liz..."
I swallow back the tears and nod. "Good, now go change out of this while I go shower, I'll get us some dinner." He kisses me deeply and whispers into my ear softly and sweetly as if he were telling me the biggest secret in the world, "Te amo. Please forgive me for the rough lessons I have to teach you. Please, please forgive me my love. You mean the world to me and I'm only afraid to lose you." He was crying now by this point, he hugs me tightly, spreading gentle kisses all over my face.

I nod, "I love you... I'm sorry." I kiss him back and walk up the stairs to change into my pajamas and I can feel his stare on me still. I walk up but I stop. Suddenly feeling like I got the wind knocked out of me. I try to balance myself with my hands against the wall. I feel my knees buckle and everything pass by in slow motion. All I can hear is my slow breathing. I turn around to see Kevin already picking me up bridal style and leading me towards the door. I hear nothing, not even the loud roar of the engine from the car starting. Before I know it, I'm being carried into the emergency room in Kevin's arms. I see his lips and it seems as if he was screaming. I feel numbness, and the darkness takes over, the last thing I hear is Kevin's whispers against my ear, "Hang on Liz. Please don't give up on me."
_____
Short chapter to start off the book, hope you enjoy. :)

EDITED