Chapter 4

It's now November first, five days after the anniversary and accident. Mom told me yesterday that she and Gabrielle had to leave now because of Gaby's school and an appointment she had soon with her monthly doctors. Sadly mom wasn't doing good health wise and it's hard for her to eat. She can only eat a few spoonful's of food and then feel light headed and sick. She's been seeing doctors for two years now... They still can't find what she has. The doctors suspected a form of cancer... But they didn't want to scare mom so they only informed me about it.

Once I close the doors after saying goodbye and promising to go the week of thanksgiving. I look at the clock by the door and didn't realize how late it was. It is nearing eleven a clock.

I make my way to the kitchen, my swollen foot hurts while I limp to get a glass of water. After gulp down a full glass of water, I go over to our wall made entirely of shelves full of every book I've read and loved. I pick up a classic romantic, before I could even open the book, I hear the doorbell ring and Kevin yells, "Elizabeth!"

He sounded angry.

I get up and skipped to him trying to not hurt myself. My heart is beating fast and I wonder, is he hurt? What happened? Did he lose something? All the questions running through my head disappear when I suddenly hear a loud bang, followed by a shattering. I follow the noises into our hallway that would lead me to leave our apartment. The lamp that once sat on top of the table by the exit was now in a million pieces on the floor across the wall. The door was closed and I looked over to finally look at Kevin.

He throws a bouquet of daisies at me and I catch them. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, what were they for? And why throw them at me? I stare back at Kevin and glare back at him. "What the hell Kevin! Why smash the lamp?! Was someone at the door?! Why the flow-" I don't finish and I'm roughly pushed against the wall with both his hands holding mine over my head. I only wince at the pain being brought to my back and look up at his towering 6'6 foot body over my 5'4 body.

I feel shivers run all over my body but I try to continue to glare to show no fear when fear is all I have between him and I at the moment...

He smiles menacingly, making me want to shrink. He covers both my small hands over one of his and with the other he holds up a piece of paper, he reads

"Hey Stranger,
Wanted to apologize again for our encounter, sorry you had problems with the guy, hope you're ok.
-from the guy in leather jacket who accidentally left you my avocado sandwich, or Luke for short."

I close my eyes. And wait for it to come. Hoping it wouldn't be like last time. Only praying that the same fifteen year old Kevin would talk back to me and not the man that stood in front of me. His Green eyes almost black from how dilated his pupils were.  

Kevin brings his hand up again and grabs ahold of my hair, banging my head against the wall and I fall to the ground. I can already see my vision blur. I'm sitting on the ground trying to hold myself up with my elbows and the oversized long sleeve shirt wasn't helping me. I kept sliding trying to get away from Kevin. But it only gets worse.

He grabs ahold of my legs and drags me closer to him and he picks me up throwing me over his shoulder. My hair completely covers my vision but I know he is taking me to our bedroom. I can see our bed from the corner of my eye and he throws me onto it, like i weighed nothing. I curse the day he decided to learn boxing...

I take up as much courage as I can and try to get up and walk away but my blurred vision is still trying to go back to normal. I feel him sit next to me and I face him, he slaps me across the face making me turn the other way.

I couldn't help it. The tears I held in were now falling. I turn to him and I can already feel the metallic taste of the blood on the inside of my cheek. I lift my hands in attempt to hit him back but he catches both in his large hands as if nothing. He leans in and glares again.

"He's just a stranger you said. He's no one you said. I'm only yours, you said..."

He tightens his grip and pulls me down. Looking into his eyes I knew now that I couldn't hide the fear any longer.

_____

Edited