Chapter One

It was 9:26 am when I felt a ginger shrug on my shoulder and the whisper of my name. Like routine, I grabbed Pony by the hand and pulled him down on the bed. He flipped over me and fell facing my morning grossness, but I didn't mind. I smiled.

"Hey Pone, what's new?" I said with a slight giggle. He rolled his eyes and grinned.

"Jesus, Lydia, if you keep doing that, I'm gonna break my spine!" he laughed. I sat up running my fingers through my long, brown hair.

"So what's the plan for today?" I asked curiously. The Curtis boys were basically my brothers. We all ended up living under the same roof, considering both our parents passed away in the same accident. Nobody ever talks about the back seat.

So the court decided it would be in my favor to assign Darrel custody until I am of age. I didn't mind, in fact, it really was to my favor; I requested it.

So now I share a room with Pony while Darry takes his room with Soda. We are really one big happy family. Besides, I had always wanted a brother. Now I had three.

My legs flew up in the air as Ponyboy swept me off my feet, dangling upside down. My body swayed back and forth all the way to the living room where he threw me down on the couch where Soda had been laying.

My head came in contact with his lap as I swiftly turned Mickey Mouse on. It was then when Darry walked into the room and chuckled at our position.

"Comfortable?"

"Not with you blocking Mickey," I shrugged earning a laugh from Sodapop. Dally shook his head and walked into the kitchen. A slam down of keys echoed through the living room.

"Damn it, Ponyboy!" we heard Darry yell from the dining room. Our heads peered towards Pony in the recliner, his face full of worry. We all walked into the kitchen.

There, sitting on the table, was a mangled chocolate cake with visible bits gone. I tried to hold in my laugh as I looked at Pony who had a line of chocolate across his jawline.

"I told you it is for dinner, now guess who has to cook another one?"

Before Pony could say something to tick off Darrel, I stepped forward.

"We will, Darry, don't worry about it. We were already planning it, weren't we Pony?" I looked over at him and winked. He quickly got the message and nodded. Darry huffed and walked over to his truck with Soda off to work.

My palms pressed up on the cold counter and lifted myself up so I could sit. Pony leaned up against the table across from me. I motioned towards the brown spot on his cheek. His fingers grazed his skin, ridding the sweet substance.

"So who is coming over today?" I asked.

"Probably just Johnnycake... and the devil," Ponyboy chuckled. I grunted in annoyance of the idea of Allie.

Allie Dalton has been totally convinced that I had feelings for her boyfriend and my good friend, Johnny Cade. While I won't deny that I do, because I do, she has hated me since day one for it, but if she can't help loving him, why should I? Ponyboy only knows. Besides she's not exactly the ideal girl any of the gang wants for the "baby of the family" but it's not our call. We all have to deal with it, and unfortunately, I do too.

"What does he even see in that monster?" I exclaimed jumping off the counter, walking into the living room. Pone sat beside me on the leather couch and put his arm around the back of my seat.

"I don't know, doll. He is not too bright when it comes to relationships. Speak of the devil."

The squeak of the screen door echoed through out the house and in walked the terrible two. I sighed and faked a smile to Ponyboy.

"Hey Johnny! Oh, hey Allie," we said in unison. Johnny's beautiful smile flashed at us as he sat down on the couch across the room, Allie following. I scanned her outfit and almost gagged.

Her hair was honestly nice but that was about it. The cigarette hanging from her lips made me want to vomit. Her shirt looked like she cut it in half, obviously showing her midriff, while she had a leather jacket on and a pair of red converse. Shoes were cute, but her shorts looked like denim underwear and her make up made her look like she hadn't slept since 1782.

They sat down and intertwined there fingers, making my cheeks turn a light shade of red. That should be my hand I thought. I arose from my spot.

"I'm gonna go change."

I then walked over to Allie, the cancer stick still hanging from her mouth. My index and thumb grasped it and ripped it out of her mouth. I took a huff of the smoke and blew it out of my mouth followed by a giggle. My hand reached down and put it out against the counter. My eyes peered at Johnny's who were wide like he saw a shooting star, only, it was me.

"There's no smoking in the house."

I turned to walk down the hallway only to be interrupted by her.

"You should go change because those clothes are gross," She snorted.

"At least mine cover enough to be considered clothes," I said over my shoulder earning a chuckle from Ponyboy and a slight giggle from Johnny.

My complete outfit is pictured above.

I rubbed the soft, blue material against my arm, warming up my cold skin.

My light brown ankle boots clicked against the hard wood floor as I entered the room.

"So you guys ready? I'm thinking we can go to the movies!" I exclaimed my eyes falling on Johnny whose eyes were already on me. I smiled and looked to the ground. He arose from his spot and came to a distance of about one foot away from me. He smiled awkwardly and rocked back and forth on the heals of his chucks. He motioned towards the door.

"After you, beautiful," he said shyly. I blushed and stepped out the door. From a distance, I heard Allie clear her throat and scold Johnny for being flirtatious with me. My eyes watched through the screen door until Pony came out.

"You know, Allie. You could have that with Johnnycake if you weren't such a pain in the ass!" Pony yelled walking out. My eyes squeezed shut from my fit of laughter. Johnny reassured Allie, telling her it was just a joke, and that Pony is always like that. What a load of bull shit haha.

"Let's go baby cakes," Pony said, wrapping his arm playfully around my neck. I giggled as we walked off, the two love birds trailing behind us.