Chapter Four

I woke up the next morning with a new state of mind and perspective on my relations with Johnny. However, after Johnny dropped me off and promised to return, he never came back to my house. I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried; that would be inhuman. Johnny Cade was a big boy and knew how to take care of himself; but still, my mind continued to wonder of his whereabouts.

A loud clash of pans hitting the ground awoke me from my daydream. I sprang out of my spot next to Two-Bit on the couch to find what the noise came from only to find Dallas standing by the stove, aggravated, two rusty pots spread apart on the floor. I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Damn it, man! That is the last time I try to help people out!" he exclaimed, stomping past me.

"It was also the first!" I yelled back, Dally instantly walking back to me just to thump me hard in the arm. He sat back down next to Two, his eyes falling on Mickey.

Thirty minutes into mice dancing around and about on the tv, my stomach began to grow with worry as I felt my stomach fall to oblivion.

"Dally, have you seen Johnny?"

"I am sorry to say this, sweet cheeks, but I haven't seen your lover boy all day, and yesterday man. He is probably with Allie."

I cringed and rose from my spot.

"I sure as hell hope not." I whispered before beginning my journey to the DX.

The smell of gasoline polluted the air as I strolled through, searching the sidewalks, only to find him sitting on a bench; but.. not alone.

There she was, Allie Dalton, caressing Johnny's tan skinned face as she kissed his lips, her legs draped over his. The image made my eyes burn and my mouth grow dry.

I ran down the sidewalk, tears threatening to spill; but of course, I am not that stealth and caught the attention of the last person I wanted to see right now: Johnny. My feet carried me as far as I could go but he is much faster than I. His large hands gripped my shoulders, turning me on my heals, but I refused to look him the eye. I didn't want him to see how much he hurt me, how much I cared for him.

"Lydia, it's not what you think! It's me, Johnny, we are talking about, doll! Come on, let me explain." he pleaded. I smacked his hands off of me and gave him the dirtiest look I could.

"No you aren't! My Johnny Cade would never do this to me right after the day I spilled my feelings out to him. Never. There is nothing to explain."

"It's not like I want to kiss her!" he yelled. I snapped.

"Then what fuck were you doing Johnny! Huh! Do you really think I am that fucking idiotic! You are such an ass, Johnny Cade! I never want to see you again!" I stomped off in the opposite direction of him and gripped my hair so hard, I though it would rip out of my scalp. My blood boiled at the image of them lip locked without a care in the world. I could hear his distant calls for me, but I wouldn't dare turn around. That is, until I heard the two fatal sentences that changed my existence entirely.

"Allie has something against me! It could ruin my life!"

I shouldn't have cared, but I am still me and promised to never leave him. So I turned around. Maybe I am idiotic.

A/N-

Short, I know, my apologies; but I predict to update tomorrow so stay tuned. Thank you for the sweets votes and comments!

Sincerely,

Sam