Chapter Five

The tips of my thumbs danced in my lap as I listened to Johnny attempt to explain the entire situation, but I tried to shut my mind off.

"What the hell does she have on you, Johnny? This whole this is just a cover story so you can make this go away! Well, it's not going to, okay? It jus-" I began to grow angry again. He placed his palms on my knees I held to my chest, my back pressed against the brick wall. He was kneeling in front of me.

"Sweetheart, please, control your cute temper and let me explain! It's about my parents."

My head shot up in surprise at the mention of Johnny's parents. I raised my eyebrows, sending him the message to continue. A sigh let his lips, as he continued to tell me every fine grain of detail.

"Last summer, me and Allie were going to... do stuff in the basement of my house. When we got down there, after having to use a hammer to open the damn door, it turned out to not only be the room under my room, but it held evidence of something unspeakable that could ruin my entire life."

"What was it?" There was a long pause of silence and I could tell he was really contemplating telling me.

"Johnny, please just tell me." pure silence. He looked up from the ground and stared dead into my eyes. What were once a warm hazelnut brown were now cold and hard.

"It was evidence to prove my parents were responsible for the Tulsa Bank bombing."

WHAT. THE. FUCK. was all I could think on a continuous loop as he finished his sentence.

The Tulsa Bank bombing was the most tragic event to ever hit Tulsa. Thirty-four deaths was a lot to swallow as a community. For months, it had seen the whole city was in a Great Depression: parents hung their heads low crossing streets, children didn't return to the parks in fear of everything in their surroundings, stores shutting down due to mourning citizens not even bothering to come to work. It was a truly heart-breaking sight to see. At first police, suspected it to be a terrorist attack on Oklahoma. However, as they searched through the ashes of loved ones and debris, no hard evidence was discovered, so the case remained unsolved to this day. Well, so I thought.

"Johnny, are you sure? That seems a little far fetched. I mean, sure, your parents are devils roaming Tulsa, but they can't be murders!" I exclaimed, attempting to lighten the situation. He shook is head before taking his hands in mine.

"Lydia Adeline, you have no idea how much I wish that was true. The facts are all there though. All of their sick and twisted plans are covering the walls in there! It's insane, I know, but it's all true! I saw it with my own eyes! They made the bomb and everything! I swea-"

"What does any of this have to do with Allie?" I cut him, his original sentence resurrecting in my brain.

"She said she will expose my parents for their true psychotic selfs if I break up with her. Allie said she was desperately in love with me and threatened to tell everyone about the bombing. She is obsessed with me! And if the dirtbags get arrested, I will go to a foster home across Oklahoma and live the rest of my life there. Let's be honest, who is gonna adopt the son of murders? They will think I am just as crazy! I don't want to live like that Lydia!"

A tear crept down my cheek as I gazed down at my lap.

"But I don't want to live without you."

Johnny sighed, bringing me to sit on his lap. He pecked a kiss on my nose, his hands cupping my face.

"I told Allie she couldn't keep me from you, she knew and agreed for me to be around you sometimes, but we can't be together. I am so fucking sorry, Lydia. I love you more than anyone in the world, baby girl. I don't want to have to do this, but,... I have to let you go." Johnny wiped under his eyes and looked to his lap. Sobs slipped through my lips.

Johnny's POV-

My heart ached to see her so hurt, but my options were down to two. Nobody wins in any of them. Now I have to watch my love die, all because of Allie Dalton. I have never hated anyone as much as I hate her, and that includes the socs.

My thumbs grazed her lips before I slammed into a passionate, yet heated, kiss.

Lydia's POV-

Our lips danced against each other's as I tangled my fingers in his greasy hair. Johnny's tongue dabbed at my bottom lip, begging for entrance, but I denied, the thought of her popping in my head.

I pulled away, smiling. I smiled because it happened, not because I had to let him go. My light was not going to go out for Johnny Cade, only continue to spark. I never will give up on him, I promised. But then, Allie might have different plans.

A/N-

I know, CRAZY PLOT TWIST AMARITE? Well, this was inspired by 'Heathers': an amazing film about this couple that kills the populars at her school and there is a bomb at the end and it is just an over all great movie! I explained it horribly, how tragic. 10/10 would recommend ha. So, I wanted to do something different from all the other Johnny Cade fanfictions and I hope this got my point across. By the way, this is the only first of many plot twists so stay tuned if you want!