Chapter Two

We arrived to our destination, the movies. Hands intertwined, I dragged Ponyboy into the theater. Movie posters were scattered all over the walls and there were food stands in the back which, obviously, was my first stop. Stocking up on goods, me and Pony raised into the movie room, Johnny and Allie following behind.

Luckily, nobody was watching the movie besides us so we had the theater to ourselves, which me and Pony quickly took advantage of by chucking popcorn at each other playfully. We sat in our seats: Pony, me, Johnny, and Allie.

The movie began to roll and we sat back and enjoyed one of the finest films ever: Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Almost half-way into the movie, I feel something on my wrist. My eyes looked down to see what was disturbing my happiness that is Ferris, only to see Johnny's hand tracing circles in my palm.

What is this kid doing? I thought, his girlfriend is sitting right there! Our eyes connected and I began to feel pulled into him.

Johnny was just such a remarkable specimen with innocent eyes that you could fall for everyday and every second, I was doing exactly that. No, I was not just falling, I was stumbling, being pulled in to his beautiful dark brown eyes and there was no going back. No escape, that is unless I made one.

I looked away and down at my lap, retracting my hand down. Johnny turned away from me and continued to watch the movie.

Johnny's POV-

I can't believe this! Lydia shot me down! I thought she liked me, even the slightest bit. Those damn brown eyes fooled me into thinking unthinkable possibilities with the girl of my dreams! Well, I don't like being made a fool of.

Lydia's POV-

I could here there lips sucking and I felt my heart breaking. To me, kissing was such an intimate thing. It was something that needed to be earned through love, not just a casual activity. And I only ever wanted to kiss Johnny.

My free spirit felt like it was crumbling and Pony saw, so he grabbed my waist and lifted me on his lap, trying to put me at a distance from the two people I wanted nothing to do with right now.

I laid my head on his chest and tried to focus my attention back on the movie but to no avail.

Not even ten minutes ago, Johnny was trying to hold my hand, but now, he is sticking his tongue down Allie's throat in front of me. How could he be so insensitive? That's not the Johnny I knew. Well, at least I was convinced it wasn't. But I was clearly wrong.

Feeling like the world was seeping into a black hole, I ripped the bucket of popcorn out of Pony's hands and made my way over to lover boy and his girl.

"Asshole." was all I said before smacking the popcorn down on his greasy hair, popcorn kernels trailing down his torso. I ran outside to the exit that led to an ally on the main street.

Johnny's POV-
I arose from my spot, shaking off the bits of popcorn from my clothes. Ponyboy stood up to go after her but I just ran out first.

Lydia's POV-
I crouched by the door, my head in my arms, tears dripping down my face.

Everything hurt. He hurt.

The door creaked open, but I didn't look up, assuming it was just Pony.

He crouched in front of me and sat down, immediately I knew it was not Pony, due to butterflies filling my stomach that only Johnny gave me.

I sniffled. His large hands removed my smaller ones from my red face, tears continuing to fall. He cupped my face and wiped my tears with my thumbs, his apologetic eyes gazing into mine. I sat with my legs crossed as my eyes fell to my lap, my hand going to wipe my nose. We sat in silence until, I felt his hands on my sides, lifting me onto his lap, my legs wrapped around his waist. His long arms, warm and comforting, wrapped around me with such tender care. I wrapped my arms around his neck slowly, crying into his neck.

"Baby... baby, please don't cry."

"You can't call me that, Johnny. Don't you see? That only hurts me more! You have a girl. Go get her, forget about my fragile being. She clearly loves you and treats you better than I ever could. There is no question. Goodbye Johnny."

I stood and walked back in, leaving him with his thoughts. Dangerous, I know. But so is letting go of someone you love when you know it is going to tear you apart from the inside, out. Silence.