Prologue:how they met

Jade's POV

Today is my birthday and my parents told me they had something they need to talk to me about.

So after I rolled myself out of bed I decided to play with Fear and Pain my hell hounds before getting dressed and heading downstairs to the kitchen were my family and I eat breakfast together every morning,

"So what did you want to tell me mom and dad?" I ask sitting down at the counter.

"Well since you are turning fourteen today, we need to tell you something very important" my mother spoke sweetly, while putting my plate down in front of me.

"We are sending you to DP with your brother" my father declared before taking a sip of his coffee. (DP stands for Demigod Prep a school for demigods, which I didn't even know existed, I just thought my brother attending some stuck up prep school)

"What?... why do I have to change schools?" I asked angrily.

"So you can learn to control your powers, sweetheart" my mother exclaimed trying to calm me down.

"And how is this school going to teach me that?" I asked confused but still angry.

"Because it's a school for demigods dummy" my brother Zayn replied butting into the conversation.

"I started there last year and so did Niall" Zayn added.

Niall that jerk I thought to myself,"why didn't anyone tell me?" I asked

"Oh, sweetheart no one could tell you till your fourteenth birthday" my mom uttered while walking over to comfort me.

"Hey look on the bright side, you hated that school now you don't have to ever go back" Zayn exclaimed

He had point no one liked me there and it's not like I'll miss it.

I let out an ok before digging into my breakfast.

Two hours later,

I like that I don't have to get up a six a.m. to catch the bus in the morning now.

"Just stay close to me, Zayn says as we get on this weird old timie bus that smelled like dirty gym socks, it smelled so bad it made my eyes water,and this is coming from a girl that smells death on a regular bases.

"Oh there you guys are" A small Irish voice exclaimed

"Hey Niall, what's up" Zayn asked while sitting down

"Not much, hey happy birthday Jade" he says in his own happy little tone.

"I'm mad at you, why did't you tell me about DP?" I asked trying to sound mad

"I....I couldn't they told...me I couldn't" he said tripping over his words

"Please don't be mad I did want to tell you, you have know that" Niall said with a worried look on his face.

"I'm just messing with you, you dork and besides I hated that old school and now I'm going to school with you and Zayn" I exclaimed giving him a hug.

So the whole ride to school Zayn and Niall told me all the cool and scary things about my new school. When we arrived I was a little nervous but still overjoyed to be here.

Zayn and Niall offered to take me to the administration office but I said, no so they just pointed me in the one direction I needed and I started walking.

I was a little mix-ed up and wasn't really paying attention to where I was walking and I bumped into someone.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry it's my first day and..