Chapter 1

I wake up with a pounding head.

What happened?

The last thing I remember was......I don't know. I think I was with Alex. I came from Joe from Leo from Peter from Kyle from Jake and I can't remember past that. I open my eyes to look around the room. I'm tied to a chair. So creative...not. I quickly undo the knots and get up and stretch. One bolted window and a most likely locked door. I try the door and it is locked. If only I had Bobby pins. The door is wood though so I could probably kick it. There isn't a way for me to unbolt the window. I look around the room again. The chair and ropes sit in a corner, a pocket knife on a card table, and a TV built on the wall. Oh there is also a hand held gun and bullets on the table too. I grab the bullets and put them behind the TV. I grab the knife  and pick the lock. I tuck it into my boot and grab the ropes. I slowly open the door and crawl out. Seeing no one I crawl to the front door. I'm crawling so that I will be smaller and less likely to be seen.

I get to the door to find if padlocked from the inside. Great. I hear footsteps and dive into the coat rack. There are enough coats too hide me. From the weight of the steps and how they walk, I can tell it's a man. He opens the door not noticing that he didn't have to unlock it. I hear something crash, most likely the chair and some swearing. He runs back up the steps. He comes to the door and notices it's still locked.

"Sweet heart I know your here!I have a gun and will shoot you if you don't come here right now!" He's lying I hid the bullets and he doesn't have them. And I know how to treat bullet wounds so. I slowly start moving so that I can see him when the coat rack falls. Oops.

"Thought you could hide from me eh? I would have found you but you made it easier. Zoey."

I don't do anything except roll my eyes. He scoffed

"What do you not talk? You seem like your used to this." So he doesn't know?

"Yes I talk. I just don't wanna waste energy on speaking to you. So could you explain how I got here and where I came from. Cause I don't remember."

He pulls out the gun slowly as if to intimidate me. Is not working.

"You little b****. I broke into the previous house you were in to just steal expensive things when I found out you passed out on the couch gagged. So I being kind hearted brought you here. Looks like I shouldn't have though. Go back to the basement and maybe I won't shoot you."

"I'm good thanks. I'll just be on my way if you could open the door."

"Your funny. You aren't going home. I need some help around the house. And my 16 year old son should be home soon. You and him will get along great."

"Well I don't have a home. And your son is probably just an arrogant teenager. Whatever came from you must be stupid."

Several cuss words later, he spat out "You have one last chance to go to the basement. Or else I'll have to punish you and I'm sure your young, innocent being wouldn't want that now would we?"

"You know nothing about me. I'd like to see you try old man."  You could practically see the steam coming from his ears. He points his gun to my head and says

"I have no idea why I thought you would be useful. Your just a little brat who deserves to die." He aims and shoots. Air. He shoots air. Cause you know they're aren't any bullets. He cusses a few more times trying to get it to work. After 3 minutes he figures out there aren't any bullets and opens the thing and throws the gun in anger. As he's having a tantrum I pull the knife out. I run at him and he notices me just as I plunge the knife in his stomach. His scream cuts through the air. He sounds like a teenager fangirling at a boy band concert. He falls on the floor crying. Wimp. I've been stabbed deeper than that when I was 6. I grab the knife and clean it off.

"Tell me the code or I will make you wish you were dead." I hiss

He looks scarred. "5748"

He stumbled over the words a few times before he got it out. Idiot. I type in the code. As I open the door I say

"I'm sorry I had to do that. But you would have shot me if I hadn't hidden the bullets. You will survive but I would suggest calling the hospital. And next time, don't kidnap people." With that I run out the door. I'm finally free! Granted, I've gotten away only to be kidnapped again but I did it! I hear a car and drop to the ground. It's probably just the son. I watch as he walks inside. He isn't that bad looking, I wonder how he came from what I left crying on the ground. I start running the direction the car came from when the boy slams the door open. Maybe he will help me?

I'm funny. Why would he help me? I 'injured' his dad.

"Hey! Kid stop running! Get back here you little brat! You have to pay for what you did to my father!"

See no help whatsoever. I run faster and faster. But I'm clumsy and fall. I bring the knife out and get back on my feet. He's still pretty far behind me so I hold the knife blade down and take off. Even though I'm a little weak, I'm still pretty fast. I'm running as fast as I can when my face meets dirt. My hands get bound with rope and I'm pulled up by my hair. And I'm kicked in the back of the knee which makes me fall only to be pulled up by my hair again. I'm dragged to the house and thrown down the stairs.

"Owwwwww my headddddd."

"Shut up. I'll be back for you after I take care of my father."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey!
I do all my A/N's in italics like this btw. So was it okay? I make most of my chapters around 900+ words. Tell me what you think!

Comment

Vote

-Maria

(P. S. Don't forget to point out mistakes!)