03. he lost his world

chapter 3: "he lost his world"
Song: Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran

Tori froze. Her eyes wide and demeanor wavering.

Why is it that with Eric, everyone is so sad and mad about him?

Tris thought and focused on Tori, why she was so sad and frightened and mad at Eric.

Tori opened her mouth and took a deep breath, her breath shaking slightly as it wounded her to say words about him, about Eric.

"Eric... is a secretive, and manipulative man. No one knows of his past, what I only know is that he was an Erudite. I do not know what happened to him as a child, why he was very... mad about the world. He strived for perfection. And he, fell in love, here in Dauntless." Tori said, her face blank and as if recalling memories.

Tris was curious about Eric, wanting to find weak spots. Although, she wondered about the girl Eric was in love with. Tori snapped out of her daze and seemed to have her walls up high again.

"That is all I can tell you, no more questions. Now, on your way."

Tris clenched her jaw, wanting to ask questions. Her mind filling with thousands of thoughts and questions left unanswered.

Who was the girl? What did she do to Eric? Where is she now? What's her name? What did she look like? What happened to her?

Tris stood up, and quietly thank Tori for the information, yet still had questions. Tori pursed her lips and said, "she was very beautiful, you know, but he lost his world." Tori also stood up and walked out of the room, leaving Tris to her thoughts. Tris snapped out of her thoughts and saw a photo of a girl.

He lost his world.