07. i couldn't bring her back

07 "i couldn't bring her back"
Song:Beating Heart by Birdy

Tris widened her eyes in shock. She thought she was in hiding from something, but she never thought she would be dead. Tris bowed her head in thought, pursing her lips. As much as she wanted answers, she knew not to push Four too much. She couldn't risk him hating her because of one little problem she wanted to find out.

Tris snapped out of her thoughts when she heard Four's rugged exhale. She couldn't bare him hurting any longer so without thinking, she hugged him with all her might.

Four tensed, not used to the physical contact called hug. Losing her did that to him.
When was the last time I was hugged like this? Four thought.
He savored the hug, smelling Tris's sweet scent and the feeling of her soft skin.

Tris pulled away first, staring deeply into Four's eyes. His emotions were swirling through his eyes. She couldn't bare his silence any longer.

"I'm so sorry." Tris started, Four's eyes glistened with unshed tears. He looked away.

"It wasn't your fault. I was too late. I couldn't bring her back."

______________

hi guysss it's me again! i thought to cut it short here since i wanted to make the story longer. i promise to update next week and there might be a few chapters left for this story. :( but do not fear! i am actually starting to write a few chapters for choices, the prequel of this book, so go check it out once this is finished! once the last chapter is updated, i will post the first chapter. Get ready for some more Eric feels! Shoz, i made this super short, i am soooo sorry.

-voiduniverse

PS, did i just make a shameless advertising of the new prequel? XD