07.5 no matter what it takes

"Bernadette!" Eric shouted, as she walked quickly.

"Come on, Eric! We're going to be late!" Bernadette shouted behind, leaving Eric to catch up with her by running.

"For a short person, you sure are quick." Eric smirked as Bernadette stopped walking and turned to face him.

"What did you say to me?" Bernadette crossed her arms under her chest, raising a brow as she tapped her right foot quickly. Eric looked down at her, his eyes widening a fraction and gulped quietly. He shouldn't have said that.

"Nothing babe, I was just saying that you are so beautiful!" Eric laughed nervously. Pulling Bernadette in a hug, she squinted her eyes at him but hugged him anyway. Pulling away, Bernadette huffed and pecked him on the lips.

"Come on," Bernadette remembering what they were doing in the hallway. She grabbed Eric's hand and intertwined their fingers together and ran to the top of the stairs that had the whole view of the cafeteria. Even though she was happy by being with Eric, she dreaded this day as

"Alright everyone! Listen up!" Max shouted over the noise, instantly quieting the noisy room.
"Today, we are glad to announce the initiates who passed the first part of the initiation but if you do see your name under the line, please pack your bags and leave . Guards will escort you out if they have to. Good day everyone." Max ended his speech and the names showed up on the board, majority of the initiates cheering and a few cried loudly in heartbreak as they realized they were now indeed factionless. Bernadette's hand squeezed Eric's hard as she heard them, but remained motionless, as did Eric as he looked down at the people then to Bernadette, a small hint of emotion in his eyes as he looked down at her, knowing she was upset by the whole thing.

._.

Bernadette's mind did not agree to the new system of the faction, cancelling out the weak who could've been strong in another way, just not reaching their full potential in that part. She looked down, the now factionless initiates's cries for another chance to be better as they were dragged out of Dauntless ringing through her mind. But she knew she could not stop it. But she had a plan. And she would complete it no matter what. Even if it killed her.