-One-

Yay for chapter 1! I hope you guys like it. Please leave a comment below and make sure to vote. <3

Picture is of Siren --->

One

            A small bead of sweat ran down the back of my neck and seeped into my black button up as I took a much needed deep breath. Class had already started but I was too nervous to enter my homeroom class for the first time. My red and black school uniform clung uncomfortably close to my skin as I reached for the door knob; my hands shaking violently. When I finally clenched it, my heart seemed to skip a beat. Eventually, I was able to cough up the nerve to open the door and step inside where I’d instantly be placed into a social group that everyone agreed on. I quickly swallowed the lump in my throat and continued toward the teacher who stood at the front of the class.

            He glanced at me as my old and worn black converse tapped across the tile floor. “You must be Mr. Jacobs.” He checked his list just to make sure before smiling. “My name is Mr. Benz and I’ll be your homeroom teacher for the rest of the year.” He turned his attention toward the class and stuck out his hand, gesturing towards me. “Students, this is your new classmate, Christopher Jacobs. He will be attending high school here starting today so please treat him well.” He finished, handing me a small notebook before retreating to the safety of his desk on the far side of the room.

            I bit my lip and shuffled to the back of the room where a single desk was open. As I sat down in the slightly creaky desk, a parade of eyes darted in my direction. Suddenly, I was completely bombarded by a group of strangers that surrounded my desk.

            A shorter girl with bright blonde hair was the first to catch my attention. She stood right next to me, leaning over my desk as if she wanted me to look at her chest. “So, your name is Christopher.” She grinned as I nodded. “That’s a very cute name.” Her childish attempt at flirting with me didn’t faze me in the slightest. I brushed my fingers through my recently colored, bright red hair, messing up the part.

            Another girl, a little bit older looking than the others, pulled up a chair and folded her arms on my desk. Nothing about her, along with many others in the class, stood out to me. She was just another girl that tapped her feet against mine under my desk. Naturally I tapped them back. I was a sucker for playing footsy. “So what do you like to do for fun?” She asked, batting her long black eyelashes as she spoke.

            “I’m not really sure…” I lied, not wanting to really talk about myself to them just yet. They stared at me in pure confusion which made me feel a bit uncomfortable around them.

            “What’s this?” Yet another girl spoke, glancing at my rainbow backpack, spotting the small Orca keychain I had attached to one of my zippers. “It’s so cute!” She exclaimed, playing with it a bit as she smiled happily.

            A fairly wide smile appeared on my face. “Yeah, I love Orcas!” I quickly nudged her out of the way, unzipping my bag and pulling out my Orca plushy that I had stowed away earlier that morning before leaving. “This is Casper.” I explained to all of them, carefully handing him over to the girl. She giggled and hugged it close to her chest. “I’ve had him since I was a little kid.”

            Suddenly, a book slammed down on the desk next to mine, making us all jump and glance over. A pair of bright, golden-hazel eyes instantly locked with mine. The owner of those eyes huffed and stood up, flipping his dark chocolate brown hair out of his face with his finger tips. “Pathetic…” He hissed just loud enough for a few of us to hear. Then, without warning the teacher, he left the classroom, slamming the door behind himself.