Friendship is the key!

Izzy's POV

I ran as fast as my little legs could carry me, the tears now running down my wet cheeks and falling into the sizzling gold sand. As I reach the hideout I run straight upstairs to our bedroom and seal it shut. I don't want Cubby or Skully or even Jake to see me like this ! I can't believe Marina actually said that ! What exactly does she want me to do? Tell Jake things like ' Ooh Marina is looking extra nice today'? He'll just think I'm nuts. I give my back to the door and and lean on it as I curl myself up into a tiny ball of nothing and have a good cry. A few minutes into my peaceful cry I hear a knock on the door.

"Izzy, I know your in there. Please open the door. I just want to talk." said that sweet, unmistakable voice of Jake.

"I don't feel like talking! Please just go away !" I said sounding a bit harsh. Which made new tears spring to my eyes. I heard a soft sigh at the other end of the door.

"Well okay. If you need anything Cubby, Skully and I will be on the beach. I hope you feel better Iz, it sure isn't fun seeing you like this." he said. And a few seconds later I still don't hear footsteps going down the stairs, I know he's still behind that door trying to see if I would let him in.

"Oh and by the way, I gave Marina a good talk about making you cry. Whatever she said, I just hope you know it's not true Iz. And I also hope you won't change a thing about you, because we all love you the way you are. Your our Izzy!" he said and that was enough. I swung open the door and rushed into his arms. He staggered back a bit before embracing me.We stayed like that for a couple of minutes. It was peaceful and nice. He was just rubbing my back, whispering soothing words into my ear as I try to stop the tears from pouring. He leads me back to his bed and sits me down on it and closes the door. He comes to crouch down in front of me, smiling that cute smile of his.

"Better?" he whispers in a soft, gentle voice. I muster up a small smile and nod my head. "Now do you wanna tell me what happened or do you want to keep it a girl thing?" he said chuckling a bit. I was about to respond, choosing to keep it a secret, but then I decided why bother? So I took a deep breath and said,

"Well like you already know we had a fight. She said some things that are top secret girl business" we both laugh lightly at this." And then I said something that I guess didn't sound appealing to her and she snapped at me. When I told her I had way more other things to worry about than her little problems, which might I add she could solve perfectly on her own, she snapped at me again only this time harsher. She said that I was worthless and that the only reason I'm on Neverland is because I'm a useless Plan B. She said Peter and the fairies could've given my pixie dust to either you or Cubby, but I guess Peter took pity on me. She also said things about how worthless I am too. But let's not get into that." I said remembering our conversation a 15 minutes ago. I look at Jake to see his beautiful, emerald green, eyes are now dark, navy color green. And that can only mean he's completely mad.

"Look Izzy, you have to promise me to ignore everything she said, even that girl business or whatever. What Marina said was not only mean but it was rude and 100% wrong. You are not useless ! If anything your extremely useful. I mean who would help us with our problems? The person who's got an answer to almost every pirate problem we face? The one who helps us with our cuts or bruises? That's you Iz! Marina doesn't have an awesome matie like you to understand. Just be yourself and that's it." He said and his eyes slowly go back to their normal color as I start to smile. That was the nicest thing ever.And it's not because that he unknowingly asked me to make sure he does not get impressed with Marina. As my smile gets bigger he gets up and extends his hand. "Now how about a fun game to cheer you up?" he said and I can't help but grab his hand. He pulls me up and we head downstairs. Cubby and Skully are waiting downstairs, and when they see me their faces brighten.