🌕•••Without You•••☀️

Without You (SasuxNaru)
Chapter 05: Untold Secret.

The following morning at Minato's restaurant; the memory, Minato was sitting behind his desk in his office going through a few work related papers that required his immediate attention when there was a knock on the door, he looked up to the clock hanging high above by the door and saw the time and knew that nobody should be coming in around this time, but instead of wondering who it might be he left his desk to open the door and standing outside the door was Shikamaru who was all dressed for work. "Shikamaru! I thought I told you didn't have to come in so early in the morning during the week when you have school." Minato stepped to the side to let him in before closing the door behind him. Shikamaru let out a sigh as flopped on to the couch looking to Minato with a frown. "And leave all the prep work to you? That's just unacceptable! Plus I wanted talk about what happened yesterday morning. Who was that? And why does he look so much like Naruto?" Shikamaru questioned folding his arms over his chest looking to Minato for answers. Minato knew that he'd come around for some answers since he did ask him to keep it a secret and to also lie so he owed him the truth. "First of all; I need you to promise not to tell anyone about Naruko, at least not yet anyways...just until I can properly talk to Naruto about him and figure out why Naruko is here and how he's even alive..."

"So what you're saying is that this "Naruko" person is related to Naruto...? Who am I kidding? He clearly looks like Naruto so there could be only one possible explanation; He's Naruto identical twin, right?" Shikamaru looked to Minato who let out a soft sigh as he nodded his head. "...Now the real question is why haven't any of us known about him until now? Especially Naruto of all people who's his brother!" Shikamaru bombarded the man in front of him for answers, Minato raised his hand causing Shikamaru to pause and wait for the man to collect his thoughts. Minato rubbed the bridge of his nose briefly before he looked to Shikamaru debating if he really should tell him everything. "You can trust me! Naruto's like a brother to me, the little brother I never had so please tell me everything." Shikamaru pleaded. Minato looked to Shikamaru who held a determined look in his eyes and smiled at the other, he took a deep breath as he sat down in the open seat in front of Shikamaru. "Well just like you said Naruko is Naruto's identical twin brother. When the two of them were born Naruto was born lively and happy but Naruko wasn't as lucky. He wasn't breathing and the doctors feared that he might have a heart condition so they rushed to tend to him, but the doctors told us that there wasn't much they could have done and that he passed away. We held a small reserved ceremony where only a select few who knew about the incident could come. We were devastated but Kushina always felt like something was off and could feel that Naruko wasn't truly dead, so that summer when Naruto was four we left him with you and your family and left to properly investigate with what little connection we had." Minato paused momentarily as he looked to Shikamaru who looked bewilder as he listens attentively to Minato's story. "We hunted down the former director of the hospital where Kushina gave birth and learned that someone had invested a large sum of money to have the hospital take one of the babies away. Naruko was alive, he was somewhere out in the world alone and probably scared believing that we had abandoned him but the director had no idea who the mysterious individual who had wanted our baby was, they couldn't tell if they were a man or a woman. We searched high and low but we could never find a trace of him. We didn't want to give up on our search but we had Naruto to think about so we stopped searching but we didn't give up hope that he would one day find his way to us and no matter how he'd come to us we'd take him in with open arms if he allowed us." Minato wiped away a single tear that had escaped his eye, Shikamaru placed hand on to the man's knee in a form of comfort, then he didn't know what came over him as he stood up from his seat and wrapped his arms around Minato holding him close to him. Shikamaru saw Minato like an older brother and he respected and admired him, and to see him like this it honestly hurt him. After Minato had calmed down a bit Shikamaru had poured him a cup of water before he sat back down on to the sofa, Minato took a sip from his cup before he placed it down on the coffee table in front of him. "Is there anything I can do to help? You know there's no way I'm going to let you tackle all of this on your own." Shikamaru stated looking to Minato who kept his eyes glue to his lap. Minato sighed looking up to meet Shikamaru's determined eyes. "I couldn't possibly ask you to do anymore for me Shikamaru. You're already dealing with a lot and adding on to it would feel as though I'm taking advantage of you." Minato said looking over to the family photo that neatly rested on top of his desk. "Naruto, student council and your also in your final year of high school I couldn't possibly add more to your plate." Minato softly spoke.