"I was just, uh, it...it matches your eyes."

28: "I was just, uh, it...it matches your eyes."

I'm sitting in silence, trying to figure out what to do. Corey left maybe 15 minutes ago, leaving me on the floor of my living room watching The Nanny. It’s pretty dark outside. For the seventh time, I resist the urge to call Trevor over. Maybe I'll just stay here tonight.

My head still aches thinking about what I've gotten myself into. Forgetting about Trevor is going to be painful. Even if Corey is gorgeous.

There's a knock on the door.

"T-T-Trevor?" The butterflies take off in my stomach. Why does he look so gorgeous? Dark blue dress shirt, black slacks. He grabs my hand and drags me out to the car. He refuses to look at me.

"Where are we going?" I stammer as he backs out of the driveway. He lowers the top on his convertible and refuses to answer. As he begins to drive, the wind makes it impossible for us to hear one another.

We stop outside a flower store. I sit stock-still as Trevor opens my door for me. He grabs my hand and drags me out of the car. It would be lying to say I didn't enjoy it.

I know he doesn't want to answer any questions so I don't ask any. I see Trevor glance at me from the corner of his eye, blushing ever so slightly before directing his attention to the flowers before us.

He threads through the aisles, pausing before different flowers. I follow quietly, my hand still in his, looking for one flower in particular. I'm trying so hard to bring my attention away from the hand nestled so warmly in my own that I don't notice Trevor stopping, and bump right into him.

"Sorry," I mutter. He turns pink and just nods to the flower before us. Bright blue forget-me-nots. Just what I was looking for.

"It seems fitting," Trevor mutters. He holds the potted plant out to me and I cradle it to my chest with one hand. The other is now dangling by my side. Trevor eyes me and the flower for a minute and opens his mouth to say something. He turns red, shuts it, and turns away.

"What?" I ask. He shakes his head. "What?" I ask again, grabbing his arm and tugging it. A pathetic excuse to hold his hand, but I can't help myself at this point. He looks away and clears his throat.

"I was just, uh, it...it matches your eyes." My fingers intertwine with his as he pays for the flowers and a shovel and we get back into the car.

This time he puts up the top and turns the CD player on. All I Ever Wanted by Basshunter bounces to the speakers. This was our song. Mine and Trina's song. What's he doing?

He parks a few minutes later, grabbing my hand again as he helps me out of the car. Where are we?

We walk through the wrought iron gates and into the courtyard. There's a beautiful fountain. I think I remember now. Vaguely. I feel vaguely sad. I start to pull away, but Trevor squeezes my hand.

"Do you remember this place?" I begin to shake.

"A little." He squeezes my hand.

"Let me help." He presses some switch somewhere and what was once an inky blackness is lit up. Strings of pearly white lights dance around the edge of the courtyard and up the fountain. They twirl around the gravestones before us. But one grave is still dark. I know where we are now. I start shaking, but Trevor pulls me into a hug.

"You can do it," he whispers, rubbing my back. I nod. I can. If Trevor's with me, I can. He reaches for my hand again and we begin walking, stopping in front of Trina's grave.

"You never got a chance to see it, did you?" I shake my head. I ran out midway through the funeral and wasn't allowed to even think of returning.

I kneel in front of the grave as Trevor begins to dig. It's a small pit to the left of the stone and as he lifts the plant in preparation for planting, I move over to help him.

His warm hands over mine, we lean over to put the plant in its final resting place. Together we smooth the dirt over it. Trevor reaches behind the gravestone and pulls a bottle of water out of the duffel bag stored there. He waters the plant and motions for me to come closer.

"Want to help?" Together we cover Trina's grave with blue lights. To anyone else it would seem messy, possibly even tacky, but to me it looks beautiful.

"I've always liked blue lights better than the white ones. There isn't as much glare. You can look without squinting." Trevor brushes his knees off and steps back to eye our handiwork.

"It's beautiful," I say quietly. Trevor smiles and looks down. I grab him in a hug. "Thank you so much." He hesitates for a moment before putting his arms around me.

I love you.

I jump away from Trevor's embrace. Do I? Do I really? It takes me a minute before I recognize the voice as Trina's. But what scares me is that the sentiment so closely matches my own.

____________________________________________________________________
Awwww. So cute. ♥ Vote if you love this couple! Haha. I'm expecting major votes, then, or else Corey will just have to take over... ;P

So I know it looked like Haley was being kidnapped in the previews, but...well, she kinda was. But I kinda like how Trevor's trying to heal her, in a very unprofessional way. Anyway, that could just be me.

I love how we've been climbing the "Watty Awards" List lately, and I think it would be awesome if we could continue the rise. Imagine how awesome it would be if we won! Haha, pipe dream, I know, considering that this is my very first story, but I can dream, yes? So if you haven't done so, please go back and vote on previous chapters! It's a way for only one or two people to vote multiple times, so please do take the opportunity to do so!

I think I may need a signoff. Anyone have anything clever?