I think I got my answer. And I think it's a no.

41: I think I got my answer. And I think it's a no.

I can’t believe it. I just…I just can’t. For those of you keeping score at home, no, this isn’t my first kiss. But it’s the best.

When we pull away, nothing around us has changed. People cheering, sharing drinks, dancing. No one seems to have seen us. Trevor turns pink and I am probably more flushed than a tomato. Why is he so hot and bothered? I’m pretty sure he’s done this before. This isn’t his first kiss.

“Why are you so pink?” I manage to whisper. He scratches the back of his neck.

“Well…I mean…it’s you we’re talking about here,” he says finally. I feel myself turn even redder and I can’t stop the enormous smile that spreads over my face. I made him blush. “Besides,” he says tugging on one of my curls, “that really isn’t a question you should be asking right now, huh?” He has a point. Before I can further embarrass myself he smiles and jerks his head.

“Look.”

I take a furtive glance behind me.

“Yes!” I say, pumping my fist in the air. Spike and Clarice look like they just kissed, too. Spike sends us both a wink over Clarice’s shoulder before he grabs her hand and leads her away.

“Someone’s excited,” says Trevor with a grin. I can’t exactly explain that I’m more excited about us and that Spike and Clarice are just a good excuse to blow off steam.

Us.

Is there really an us? The idea is kind of…creepy. And yet I can’t help but feel like I’m flying. I glance shyly up at Trevor and he seems like he’s on some sort of high as well. He can’t stop smiling. Neither can I.

“You, uh, you want a drink?” He asks. He starts chuckling for no reason. I can’t help it, I start to giggle as well.

“Well, well, well. What do we have here?” I turn around to see Corey and Matt standing behind us.

“Nothing,” I say quickly. Trevor just laughs, puts an arm around me, and pecks me on the cheek.

“YES!” The yell is so loud that everyone turns to stare at us for a second. Matt and Corey start attempting the moon walk. “FINALLY!” Matt cheers again, falling on his butt. Some pretty blonde girl helps him up and…well, we don’t see him again. Corey grins at both of us.

“Way to go for it, dude,” he says, clapping Trevor on the shoulder. I almost feel bad, but Corey winks at me as if he knows what I’m thinking.

I ride home in Trevor’s car, the photo frame in my lap.

“Where did you find this picture?” I ask. He shrugs, trying to keep his eyes on the road but glancing at me all the same.

“I went to talk to her mom and she let me look through one of the photo albums. So I picked my favorite one and got it copied and framed.” I look down at the picture. I remember that day.

It was at Ruby’s seventh birthday party. There was enormous cake fight instigated by Ruby’s dad (of all people). Trina’s rubbing cake into my face and laughing. I’m grinning away and licking the cake off.

“Even back then you were a foodie,” Trevor says with a smile.

“Is that why it’s your favorite?” I tease. “Because it reminds you of how much I love food?” He shakes his head and pauses awkwardly for a second.

“It’s my favorite because you look happy.” I look out the window, blushing. Trevor reaches over and takes my hand.

***
“Trina?” I’m sitting on the grave, staring at the blue forget-me-nots. Trevor has his first soccer game today, and I’m going to go watch. But first, I have to talk to Trina.

“You won’t believe it, Trina,” I say, grinning like a little kid. I explain about the party, about the kiss. “And now…well, we’re taking it kinda slow. It’s only been a couple days since then, so we really haven’t done much. Well, we’re going out for dinner today.” I blush at the thought of it. “And he says he’ll help me go job hunting next week. I figure that I should be leading a normal life now.” I pause, a tugging at my heart.

“Trina, I still feel like something is wrong. Is it…okay? Is it okay to be normal?” I pause again, and lean closer to the ground to tell Trina my deepest, happiest secret.

“Trina…I think,” I take a deep breath and let it out, “Trina, I think I love him. Is it…is it okay to be in love?”

“Haley Amethyst Waters!” A sharp, shrill voice echoes through the graveyard. I look up in shock.

“Mom?”

I think I got my answer. And I think it's a no.

____________________________________________________________________________

Oh noes! I know, you guys probably hate me for this. I frikken hate me for this. But, Haley's moher had to show up at some point, yes? Well, we'll see what happens. I must say, I love you guys' reactions to the kiss. A lot of jumping around and spazzing. Loved it :)

Unfortunately for all y'all, I now have 600 fans! So in theory, that means 300 votes until the next chapter.

Think you guys can manage? I think so :) And the faster it happens, the faster I'll upload since, as you guys have probs noticed, I've been slacking lately :( 

Don't leave the voting to someone else! 300 votes is hard to come by!