Part Twenty Three

A/N - last day of double chapters! Hope you are all enjoying and this doesn't become disappointing! You are all so positive!! :)

Jack was prompt the next morning; annoyingly he looked as though he’d slept for twelve hours and more. Erin was feeling shattered, despite going early to bed her sleep had been restless, and now she was still anything but refreshed. She knew that she as sulking like a petulant child, but that was exactly how he made her feel.

Sliding in to the passenger seat, Erin tried her best not to scowl, and more importantly not to snap at Jack’s stifled laugh, he obviously was taking great amusement at her discomfort, and she hated that her childish behaviour embarrassed her.

He drove to a car dealership on the outskirts of the city, and parked up. Then with a determination that told Erin he’d done this before, he marched up to a line of large top of the range cars and immediately started opening doors and examining the interiors. Within seconds a rather harassed salesman pounced on him, then almost exploded with ejaculatory pleasure when he realised just who the crazy and enthusiastic patron was. With the confidence of a guaranteed sale, the salesman - Jonathan, whisked them both into the showroom and smothered them with attention. Jack expected it, Erin could tell, but it was all a bit much for her.

As the two men got into debates over the finer points of the specifications of the latest range of cars, Erin excused herself and made for the sunny forecourt. She wasn’t girly enough to choose a car by its colour...but it helped! She also needed a people carrier so she had the room for Barney.

So she made for a row of them, all in different shiny colours, she sat in the driver’s seat and fiddled around, the adjustable mirrors, the stereo, the gadgets that it offered. The next one was black, but the interior was metallic, so much nicer than the previous one, but it had alloy wheels and reminded her of a teenage boy’s wet dream, she was a woman in her thirties after all!

The fourth one was perfect, black again, but a compromise, if she was going to drive the car, then she’d have the final say, not Ayrton Senna who was still ensconced in the showroom.

A much younger boy immaculately dressed in a suit, shirt and tie approached, “can I help you miss?”

She nodded, “I like this car, and I’d like to buy it!”

Grinning, he dug in his pocket, “good choice, would you like a test drive?”

Rubbing her hands together enthusiastically, she grinned, “sounds perfect.” Then she caught the keys he tossed her way.

Diving into the driver’s seat, she started the engine and was rewarded with a purr, pulling slowly off the forecourt and onto the quiet street, she honked the horn. Jack’s head snapped up and she couldn’t help but laugh at the look of shock on his face, and then the slow realisation on the face of the pushy salesman. And when she looked sideways at the man, or rather boy sat beside her, his name tag read Greg, she saw a similar look of shock on his face.

                “You’re with Mr Reilly?” he asked with a gasp.

She nodded, “for my sins! And YOU’LL be getting the commission on this sale. How does that sound?”

The boy stuttered not able to formulate an answer, and Erin grinned, “Don’t ever change, not everyone wants a smarmy salesman rammed down their throats, Jack loves the attention, but we’re not all like him.” She swung the car around a corner and hit a flat open road, so she squeezed the accelerator.