Chapter 2: Fearing the Journey

Natsu's P.O.V.

"Even though we are dealing with Zeref the magic council will only let me bring 7 mages, plus any additional exceeds who would like to tag along. The council is trying not to bring too much unwanted attention to the matter which I agree with. Anyways, they have reason to believe that Zeref has the E.N.D. book and intends to open the book and release his strongest demon." Makarov says.

Imagining myself beating up Zeref puts a smile on my face but for some reason when I hear Makarov say E.N.D. I can't help but get a bad feeling.

We all listen to Makarov intently while he finishes explaining, but while he is talking I notice that Gray has a frustrated look on his face.

"Why don't we let him open it?" Gray says seriously not giving off the intention of him just joking around.

"I mean I am supposed to slay E.N.D. and wouldn't the best time to do that is when he is being awakened and doesn't have all of his powers yet?" He continues to say.

I can't help but think that he is right (even though I would deny it if anyone asks me); I decide to put all the bad feelings I have and shove them at the back of my mind.

Thinking about Gray's proposition some more I realize it really would be the perfect time to take out the two biggest threats we have in one fell swoop, but everyone else just stares at him like he said let's start the end of the world (well in a way he did).

I'm about to say something when Lucy speaks up, "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!" She screams at him, "Even if we end up killing that demon we will probably be too exhausted to fight Zeref who will no doubt want to demolish us because we just killed his first demon!" she says no longer screaming but still has anger in her voice for him to even bring up that topic.

I decide to bite my tongue not wanting to be screamed at again, especially by Lucy.

Gray is about to speak up again when Makarov interferes.

"You will not let E.N.D. be awakened." he says simply "This is still technically a job request so whatever you may want to do we have to complete the mission that is given to us, no questions asked."

We all agree but a slight frown is shown on both Gray and I's face.

"Now, all of you will be leaving tomorrow on a ship for Cambona. To get there it will take about a day, so go home and pack accordingly." Makarov says.

Just thinking about being on a ship makes me feel nauseous, I even notice Gajeel flinch a little when he heard that we would need to sail for a whole day.

We all stand up and leave Makarov's office with mixed emotions and thoughts flying through our heads, well less thoughts flying through my head compared to everyone else.

We all walk out of the guild hall and head home to go pack for our upcoming mission.

While walking home I call out to happy who is flying just above my head.

"Hey Happy, mind if you go home and pack for me, I just need a few jackets and pants!"

"Aye Sir! But why?" he asks with a menacing smile.

"Lucy looked a little jumpy and honestly a bit frightened when Makarov was talking about the mission, I want to check on her."

He suddenly looks at me with an even more menacing smile "You liiiiiiikkkkeee her!" he says giggling and starts to fly off.

"O-Oi!" I yell back at him unable to stop a slight blush from appearing on my face. I try to grab his tail but he just flies higher so I'm just out of his reach. I grunt to myself and turn in the direction of Lucy's apartment.

After walking for about 10 minutes I finally see Lucy and it doesn't seem like she has noticed me yet.

Lucy's P.O.V.

Thinking about this upcoming mission made me a tad terrified, I mean this is Zeref and E.N.D. we are talking about! In the past we have had difficulty with Zeref's other demons and they weren't even his strongest! Honestly I don't know if we are going to be able to defeat him and E.N.D.

While these thoughts are swarming through my mind I feel an arm wrap around my shoulder. My heart stops, fear rushing through my whole body while a jump forward and put one hand on my keys.

As I turn to face the culprit I see Natsu with his hands up looking at me a little concerned.

I take a huge sigh of relief and remove my hand from my keys and look at him, "Baka! Are you trying to scare me half to death?" I say half-screaming at him but relieved to see him all the same.

"Sorry luce..." he says while he puts his hands back down. I could tell he really didn't know what to say after seeing the way I reacted.

"Why are you following me anyway?" I ask a bit irritated that he is stalking me.

"I came to check on you, you seemed a little on edge at the meeting." He says staring at me seeing that he was clearly right.

"O-Oh" I stutter and I can feel my face heat up a little, he just kept staring at me. 'Ugh why does he always do this to me!' I think to myself

"Can I come over to your apartment?" he asks.

"EEEEHH!" I just stare at him and can't help but start to laugh

"W-what?" he asks.

"I-I'm sorry" I finally say when my laughter dies down a bit. "Sure! It's just that you usually brake-into my apartment."

He grins and then rubs the back of his head. All my previous thoughts and the fear I was holding onto are now completely washed away thanks to the man standing before me.

_________________________

Author Note:

Hello everyone!  Please vote, comment, etc. and keep on reading because I have some really awesome ideas for this story all planned out. Hope you all enjoyed chapter 2!