Chapter 24: The After Effect

Erza's P.O.V.

Natsu just disappeared and all I do is start screaming and crying.

I am so sad and angry at the world, at him, at everything.

He got rid of our memories, I guess I can understand why but how did he think this would affect us when we remembered? Did he think we would never remember him! I mean for God's sake he has been a part of my life for more than half of it! That idiot! But he was my nakama! And now he is gone and I couldn't do anything about it!

I just keep on screaming and crying needing to release everything that is built up inside of me.

Suddenly I look over and see some blonde hair fall.

"LUCY!" I scream terrified that maybe she got too injured in the battle. I will NOT lose another nakama! I CAN'T!

We all run to her; Wendy looks her over and we all stare at her worried. Wendy then looks up at us, "Besides from her burns she's fine, she's just exhausted." Wendy says.

For the rest of the day we treated the injured in an infirmary that Levy built with her magic, rebuilt the city, and helped people remember who Natsu was. However, we all decided not to tell anyone about what happened to him, not until the next day, none of us had the heat to tell anyone yet.

But for the rest of the day Lucy didn't wake up.

-Week time skip-

A week has passed and the city and the guild hall are now rebuilt, and everybody knows what happened to Natsu.

Once everyone found out about Natsu it wasn't the same, there are no more fights, it's always quiet, and there is always a sad aura in the guild hall.

But this week only got worse and worse. Lucy still hasn't woken up, we don't know what's wrong with her, all of her injuries are healed and she has gotten plenty of rest. Wendy says it might be because she doesn't want to wake up. 'She must of figured out she was in love with Natsu' I think to myself.

The whole guild knew, but she just kept denying it, probably because she was scared about what would happen to their friendship.

Then, after Levy pretty much rebuilt the whole city she collapsed because of magic deficiency.

She has been passed out for two days now and Gajeel hasn't left her side. Mirajane wanted to make a comment about her ships but she didn't have the heart.

I think the worst part of this whole week though is when we were planning Natsu's funeral.

In the middle of planning Natsu's funeral a magical council member walked in and pulled out a document and said, "Fairy Tail members, we are sorry to say but you are forbidden to hold a funeral for E.N.D." he said.

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Gray yelled angrily. "And his name is Natsu!" Mirajane yelled at him.

"We are concerned that dark guilds still worshiping Zeref will go to E.N.D.'s grave and worship it and maybe try to come up with a way to resurrect him." The man continued to say.

"That's ridiculous!" Gajeel blurted out.

Master then came out of his office for the first time all week.

"Is this a direct order?" Master asked hearing the commotion.

"Yes, and if you disobey we will take down the grave by force and if you still refuse us we will arrest you." The man said.

"Fine then, now get out of our guild." He said.

"Master!" I retort. And everyone looked at master surprised and angry.

Once the man left we all look at Makarov. "What the hell Master!" Romeo yelled at him. "Romeo!" Macao said trying to calm him down.

"NO! Everyone is thinking this! I mean this is Natsu we are talking about! The person who would do anything for us! How could yo-" "We still are having a funeral for him." Master cut Romeo off. "We just won't go to a funeral home to do it."

-Two week time skip-

Two weeks have passed since that day and people have begun to accept Natsu's death and have started to slowly move on.

Levy woke up about three days after the magical council man came and we were all relieved, especially Gajeel.

When Levy woke up Gajeel was right there and pulled her in a massive hug and a few tears fell down his face. Although he would deny it if you asked him.

Since then they have been dating realizing how much they needed each other. I am truly happy for them glad that they have finally expressed their feelings for each other.

However during all of that time Lucy never woke up.

I am currently in the guild's infirmary in Lucy's room looking over her. Gray, Levy, Gajeel, Wendy, Juvia, Carla, Pantherlily, and Happy are with me too.

I'm holding one of Lucy's hands while Levy is holding her other one. "Lucy it has been about a month since then. Don't you think it's time to wake up? He is gone and trust me we all miss him, he was our family. But how do you think we would feel if we lose you too, how do you think Natsu would feel? He sacrificed himself to make sure we lived." I say to Lucy.

I put my head down feeling depressed when I didn't get a reaction from her. I know I shouldn't be hopeful but she needs to wake up.

"Lucy his funeral is tomorrow. We aren't holding it in a traditional grave yard we are holding it where Natsu and Happy used to live. Gajeel made the tombstone, it's truly beautiful. We have invited people from all over Fiore to join us, you don't want to miss it, right? Right?!" I ask her desperately with a few tears falling down my face.

I look to the floor when nothing happens "Lucy, Please!" I beg her not looking back up at her.

"Lu-chan!" I hear Levy say hopefully.

I look at Lucy with expectancy as well as everyone else in the room. When I look at her I see a few tears falling down her face.

"Lucy..." I say sadly.

"He really is gone, isn't he?" Lucy asks. I start to cry harder and I kneel down and hug her and Levy does the same thing while everyone else in the room runs out to inform the guild that Lucy woke up.

"I'm so sorry Lucy." I say. She just sobs into our shoulders nodding but not saying anything.

The rest of the day people came in and out to check on Lucy, say hi, and cry a little.

Wendy checked up on her at the end of the day and me, Gray, and master join her.

Wendy says that she is completely fine and can go home if she wants. Lucy just shakes her head, "I don't want to go home tonight." She says. "That's fine, get some rest my child." Master says.

"If you need anything please call me." I say. "That goes for all of us." Gray says.

"Thank you." She says.

As we are leaving I look back to Lucy attempting to fall asleep, but I had a feeling she wouldn't get much tonight.

The night of Natsu's death I maybe got three hours of sleep, and for Lucy this is her first night having to deal with this.

I stop in the doorway way before I leave, "Try getting some sleep tonight." I tell her.

"I'll do my best." She says.

As I am shutting the door I hear small whimpers. 'Hang in there Lucy.' I think to myself before shutting the door.  

____________________

A/N- If you ship Gajevy I hope you like this chapter, well I hope you liked this chapter in general!

And sorry for the whatever time this is for the bad chapter title!

Please vote, comment, and keep reading this story.