Chapter 25: What if

Lucy's P.O.V.

When Erza and the others left I barely got any sleep, all night I was thinking about Natsu. Old memories of him, all the missions we went on together, the day he died, and the confession he told me right before he vanished from our eyes.

Before the funeral everyone came to the guild hall, Erza, Wendy, and Juvia came into the infirmary where I am and helped me get ready.

They brought me a simple black dress that went just above my knees and small black heals to go with it. They did my hair for me and did their best to try and hide the dark circles underneath my eyes. None of us wore a lot of makeup because we all knew that we are going to cry.

Once everyone is ready we head towards Natsu and Happy's old house. I hold Happy in my arms and while we are walking no one dared to say a word, the atmosphere was just too depressing.

We get to the house and I look at the large grave that is in front of me. On top of the grave stone there is a huge dragon that Gajeel made from steel, and then imprinted in the stone says the words: Here lies Natsu Dragneel, a powerful mage, a dear friend, and a dense idiot who we all loved.

A sad smile forms on my face at the words that are written on the tombstone. "I think Natsu would have liked this, minus the part about being a dense idiot, although I kinda have to agree." Happy says. I chuckle a little and look down at him and give him a quick squeeze, "Yah I think your right." I say.

Everyone faces the tombstone as Makarov walks in front of us about to begin his speech. As soon as he opens his mouth though he shuts it just as quickly and his eyes widen. We look at him confused and when we turn around to see what he is looking at our eyes widen as well. Walking up the hill to join the funeral is what I'm pretty sure is half of Fiore's population.

There walking towards us is the entire guild of Sabertooth, Lamia Scale, Blue Pegasus, Quatro Cerberus, Mermaid Heel, Crime Sorciére, several magical council members, some of the 10 wizard saints, and friends we have made along the way like Flare, Erza's old friends that we met at the tower of heaven, princess Hisui, and even the king. We are all just standing there too shocked to do anything.

Sting is the one to walk up to us and speak for everyone present, "Natsu impacted all of us, without him we probably wouldn't be where we are today, so please let us pay our respects." He says. "Of course." Master Makarov says.

When we finally start there are so many people here that people are going down the hill.

Everyone made their speeches and they were all so beautiful. People talked about past memories with Natsu, how much they miss him, what he meant to them, and other things that were similar. By the end of the funeral everyone is crying.

After the service people talked to each other and then everyone who wasn't apart of fairy tail, except for a few close friends who wanted to stay a little longer, left.

The rest of us decide to go back to the guildhall and talk there. When we arrive you can literally feel the sadness in the air. Several people still have a few dwindling tears in their eyes, including mine.

We are all sitting in silence when Gray spoke up, "Hey, you guys remember when Natsu pushed Gajeel into that mine cart so he could fight Rogue and Sting all by himself and then completely forgot all about it." Everybody bit their lip trying to hold back a laugh as Gajeel shivers and grunts remembering the hell ride he went on.

"You guys do realize we never would have even joined the Grand Magic Games if it wasn't for Natsu." Macao joined in the conversation.

"I don't think I would be the person I am today if it wasn't for Natsu, I mean without him I wouldn't have started using the phrase 'like a real man!' " Elfman says.

"Yah, without Natsu I would have sacrificed myself at the tower of heaven." Erza says looking to the floor slightly smiling to herself remembering what her friend did for her.

"I hate to admit this but without Salamander I don't think I would have joined Fairy Tail." Gajeel says.

"Without Natsu I probably would still be a heartless bastard that doesn't care about his nakama." Laxus said with his fists slightly clenched.

"I wouldn't have joined Fairy Tail." I say.

"And then I wouldn't have met my best friend." Levy says.

"If it wasn't for Natsu I wouldn't even have been born." Happy says.

"I might still have been a Vulcan." Macao says.

"I probably would of given up being a wizard if Natsu didn't defend me that day." Yukino says.

"I probably would still be in Edolas" Lisanna says.

"I would be ice." Gray says.

"And I would have been frozen in that ice." Lyon says.

"I would have still been a weak kid." Romeo says.

"I might have joined a dark guild" Gajeel says.

"I wouldn't have started Crime Sorcière" Jellal says.

"I don't think I would have pushed myself as hard as I did if it wasn't for him." Wendy says.

"I don't think Gildarts would have come by the guild as often." Cana says.

"I hate to admit this but that is kinda true." Guildarts says.

"I wouldn't have had a goal when I was younger to push me forward." Sting says.

"He helped love rival stay away from Juvia's Gray-sama." Juvia says.

"Me, as well as all of the other celestial spirits would have died." Loki says.

"Gajeel probably wouldn't have wanted me to be his cat." Pantherlily says.

"I wouldn't have had a play buddy when mommy and daddy went on missions." Asuka says.

Without realizing it everyone had a few tears falling down there cheeks with a sad yet loving smile on their face.

"You know what I just realized?" Gray asks.

"Hmm?" I ask.

"I know none of us want to even say or think about these two names but hear me out for a second." Gay says. I cringe a little knowing what he is talking about. "If it wasn't for Zeref and E.N.D. I don't think people would have formed guilds." Gray finishes.

Erza smiles to herself, "So Natsu brought us all together without him even realizing it." tears start flowing down Erza's face. "That idiot!"

All of us have a sad smile on our face but crying all the same. 

____________________

A/N- Okay I know it seems that this is the end of the story but I assure you it's not, although we are very close to the end of the story and sorry if this chapter title and picture deceived some of you :p

And sorry if this chapter was a little confusing I don't know why but I had a little difficulty writing this and I actually had to go back to episodes to make sure everything was right.

Please vote, comment, and keep reading this story!