Morning

It turns out I fell asleep around 5 and we were supposed to get up at 8 at the latest to get ready to leave. Well since I had 4 hours of good sleep, but then 2 1/2 hours of disrupted sleep, I couldn't get up at 8. More like 9.

30.

   I woke up and saw that the TV was on. I figured the girls were asleep, or else they would have turned it off. I check the time on the TV guide, and saw that it was an hour and a half later than it was supposed to be.

   I shot out of bed and ran into the girls' rooms thinking they were still asleep, but it was empty. I realized they went down with me and I threw on an outfit. I check my hair in the mirror and it still had the braid perfectly in. I guessed Megan's magic last 24 hours or something. I was about to run out of the bathroom when a shiny something flashed in the mirror. I turned back to the mirror to see a shiny silver something weaved into my braid. It definitely wasn't there last night. I know that for a fact.

Uhggg.

   I didn't have time to try to fix it, I heard the bus outside. I scrambled down the stairs and burst through the lobby doors. I ran up to the bus at full speed and hopped inside before it was about to pull away. I went through the aisles trying not to make a big deal of myself. I sat on the first empty seat. Unfortunently, that seat was next to Dan.

   I didn't know much about him except he was the head councilor for the Iris cabin, and he was always ready with a lecture about peace and organic cupcakes.

"Oh hi Amanda. How are you today? I'm great. By the way, I'm interviewing all the campers to see if they prefer war or peace, so what's your thought on war and peace?"

Oh this is going to be a long bus ride, I thought.

"Um, I guess war is okay when the other side doesn't listen to your reasoning"

"Tsk, tsk. That's what they all say. War is never the answer. Now hear me out, I'm going to make you change your mind about war before this ride is over"

(Sponge Bob announcer voice) TEN HOURS LATER

   So a few hours later (or eternity), we arrived at camp, with me ready to pull my hair out.

   Dan is a sweet guy, and he's 15, so he gets it, but boy can he talk! All I heard not the bus was 'blah blah peace blah blah no war blah blah blah blah blah why does this camp have to be about war blah blah blah eat healthy blah I'll give you directions to R.O.F.L. blah blah what do you think about war now?'

   I was ready to strangle him. We walked through camp, and Chiron said we had the day off. I heard everyone talking about what they were going to do. I heard people talking about the canoe lake, 1v1 sword battles, tag in the forest, and just hanging out at the commons. I, however was going to sit in my cabin all day and study Ancient Greek.

And pout.

   Every one dispersed into their free time activities, and I ran to my cabin, hoping no one would see me, and ask me to do something with them. I went to the Hermes cabin, peeking through the door way first to make sure no one was in there. I ran inside and grabbed my stuff, and sprinted out the door. ducking behind the cabins, I went until I found the glowing silver cabin.

   You could barley tell it was glowing though, in the broad sunlight. But I knew moonlight when I saw it.

   Sigh, I was slightly embracing the whole 'Daughter of Artemis' thing.

   I went inside to find twelve bunk beds. I picked one in the far off corner of the room. There was a dresser and a bedside table to put my things in. I'd just opened a Greek philosophy book when there was a knock at the door.