Dreams

After a long fay of travel, night fell. We figured that the dragon could go a bit longer, so we stayed in the air. The warm dragon was vibrating n with heat, which made me fall asleep a lot faster. I wish I had never fallen asleep. I had heard that all demigods had 'dreams' so to speak, but I hadn't had any (yet), so I thought I was an exception. Wrong.

I dreamt that I was in a cold, never ending concrete room. There were bleachers of people, monsters, and who-knows-what's watching. I was on the floor curled up on a ball, ready to cry. There was a giant barreling across the room straight at me. He brought his club over his head and started to bring it down on me, but then the dream shifted. Now I was in a formal dinning room that had been turned into a ballroom. People were dancing, but I was alone at a table. I started to cry out, reaching for something that wasn't there. I felt alone, and abandoned, something I had only felt once before. When my father never returned. The feeling made my gut wrench, and my chest hurt. It was one of the worst feelings in the world. Worse than physical pain, and even the worst, slowest death. I was sobbing, now. I heard a voice, calling my name. Then I felt turbulence. The dream went oily, like heat off of a sidewalk on a hot summer day, and my eyes opened.

"Amanda, are you okay? You're crying, what happened?" James asked with the most sympathy I had ever heard. The feeling in his voice made me cry even harder. In the dream, I thought he had left me. I thought Madi and MK and Megan had all left me. James had turned completely around, now. He was facing me, sitting on the Prince.
   His green eyes held so much worry about me. I buried my head in his shoulder and bawled my eyes out. I tried to talk through the tears, but he just rubbed my head and said "Shhhh, little wolf, it's okay. Everything is fine" which made me cry all the more. He hugged me closer to him and rubbed my shoulders, telling me assuring things. When the feeling of loneliness had left me, I lifted my head. My cheeks were probably puffy, my eyes were definitely red, and I was a complete mess. I sniffed.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I had a dream. A demigod dream" I said through sniffles.

"Oh, are you okay? It's not like I hadn't had that before, just like any other demigod. Seriously, it's not that big of a deal" Sadie said haughtily.

All the sadness that I had before had disappeared almost instantly when she said that.

"Oh yeah, what's the worst thing you've every experienced? Huh? Not being able to find a sale. Buying the wrong shade of green because olive green is out and lime green is in. Have you ever experienced true sorrow, or loss? Loneliness, or despair? True excruciating pain? No, I highly doubt you have. You're dreams may be bad, but mine gave me a gut wrenching feeling that most people never experience, so speak for yourself you unruly brat!" I snapped back.

"Shots fired" Gabriella said loud enough for all of us to hear.

I ignored her, trying not to cry again. Madi, MK, and Megan all shifted around uncomfortably. 

"Break it up you two! If we're going to succeed on this quest, we need to work together and stop arguing" Dan called from upfront.

As he finished his declare, Prince started shaking.

"What's happening?" MK yelled.

"No idea!" Dan answered.

"Idiots, we need to land. Time to refuel!" Madi shouted.