Going Further Below

"Agartha? Are you serious?" Gabby nearly yelled.

   At least I think that's what she said because I zoned out after Nico said Agartha. My mind was swarming with ideas and thoughts about this. Everyone began talking at once, but it only sounded like mumbling to me.

"Shut up!" Nico screamed. Everyone silenced and that shook me out of my thoughts.

"I know how you can get down there, so stop complaining!" Nico said.

We all nodded, giving the message of: We're listening.

*************************************

  The small pit had no light cast on it, so it looked darker than it should have. The sight made shivers crawl up my spine.

"Are you sure this leads to a safety pad?" I asked. I remembered the green slimy thing that I had landed on last time, the only thing that kept me from dying when I fell.

"No. There's only been one person to ever use this entrance, and they were never seen again. The Agarthans could have killed him, or the fall could. No one knows, but it's your best bet" Nico explained.

"Whoop de doo" Gabby mocked, "Let's get this over with. Who's going first, because I'm not"

Deafening silence  filled the dark cavern. I couldn't blame any of them, it was scary. But I had done it before.

"I'll go" I said. Before anyone could object I walked quickly over to the edge of the pit and said, "Thanks for the help Nico". Then I plunged into darkness.

   I heard muffles mumbles from above before hearing shuffling and someone jump in a few seconds later. I looked in front of me and I saw the familiar sight of dirt. I wasn't sure if I should be feeling excitement or anxiety. There was not a light source anywhere, except for whoever was above me. Their sword gave off a faint glow, just enough to make out the surroundings.

   The temperature went up as I descended lower and lower, and soon there was the smallest hint of light underneath me. It had a warm glow, and I knew that we would be down there in a few minutes. I took those few minutes to prepare for landing.

Or death.

The narrow dirt hole opened up and to my surprise, there was the slimy green landing pad thingy a 100 feet below. I began angling myself for landing, and sooner than I thought, I felt a spongey feeling underneath my feet. There was a scream above me as I slipped off the landing pad. I watched in amusement as James flailed his limbs and crashed into the landing pad.  I was snorting with laughter as James hobbled off it and came over to me.

"Hey!" James defended, playfully punching me in the arm.

   I continued laughing as the others came down. Once everyone was situated we took in everything around us. We weren't in the same part that I had been in last time. There wasn't a single soul in sight, and we seemed to be in a rundown part of Agartha. It actually reminded me of the area Ben's workshop was in.

"Now what?" Gabby complained, "Where's the flame?"

"I don't know where the Flame is, but I, never mind, just follow me. Just know that we'll find it. I'm sure" I said before venturing off into the alleyways.