Prologue: The Fall

Link

Ganondorf throws a ball of electricity at me. I lift up the Master Sword to swing at it, but I'm too exhausted and the ball hits me.

I scream out in pain as the power of the concentrated electricity launches me into the wall behind me. I slide down the wall with my back to it.

Ganondorf floats over to me and stands over me.

"The Hero of Time? You're still a mere child." He says. "Join me. Together, with the power of the Master Sword, we can rule Hyrule. Me as the Great King of Evil. And you as the eighth sage."

"Eighth Sage?" I say weakly.

"The Sage of Darkness!" He says.

"If I join you, you have to let Zelda go. No harm shall come to her. Got that, you son of a bitch?" I demand.

"Understood." He says.

Ganondorf snaps his fingers and Zelda is lowered from her pink crystal.

"Don't do it, Link!" She orders and starts running toward me.

I put my hand up to stop her.

"I'm doing this to protect you, Zelda." I tell her.

I pick up the Master Sword. Ganondorf draws the Sword of the Sages.

"No!" Zelda yells.

Ganondorf and I cling swords together. A wave of dark energy encases me. I scream out.

Zelda

Link screams. His clothes and skin turn pitch black, along with the hilt of the Master Sword. His eyes glow blood red.

"Link!" I scream.

"Link is dead. I am Dark Link, Sage of Darkness." The man I once loved says in a deep, evil voice.