Chapter 11: The Great Fairy

Beth

I walk through the valley that leads to the entrance to Death Mountain Crater.

All of a sudden, I hear an explosion. I look up and see that Death Mountain has erupted. It hasn't done this for years. A flaming boulder hurtles toward me. I duck and squeeze Nayru's Love in my hand. A blue diamond forms around me. The boulder hits the diamond and shatters.

The diamond around me vanishes. The blue diamond in my hand begins to dim. Another one comes hurtling toward me and I squeeze the diamond again. The boulder shatters and the diamond disappears. The diamond in my hand turns black.

"No!" I cry out. Nayru's Love is drained.

I run out of the path of another rock, then another. A rock falls behind me and explodes. Flammable and explosive gas can get trapped in some of the boulders, that's why it exploded. The explosion sends me flying through the air and land on my stomach.

I drift in and out of consciousness. I see a woman with flowing red hair float down from the top of the mountain. The Great Fairy! I pass out.

The Great Fairy

I pick up the girl in my arms. I carry her up to the top of Death Mountain. Her back is severely burned. My fountain should be able to heal her.

Great Fairy's Fountain

I lay her in the water of my fountain. The water glows a bright green. Her eyes flutter open.

Beth

I wake up and see the Great Fairy floating in front of me. I'm soaking wet. I look around and realize I'm in the Great Fairy's Fountain.

"What happened?" I ask her.

"You were severely burned on your back. I found you at the base of the wall to the top of the mountain. I brought you back here to heal you with the water from my fountain. What are you doing here?"

"My boyfriend is dying from the Dark Infection. He's the Prince of Hyrule." I explain, getting up out of the water.

"Casey?" She gasps.

"Yes. If he dies, Hyrule has no heir. With his sister most likely dead, he's our last hope." I tell her.

I see a purple liquid fall from her eyes. I take out a small vial and catch the tears at they drop from her face.

"Thank you." I say with relief and run out.

Outside, I'm greeted by a big ass owl.

"Hello. I am Kaepora Gaebora. Grab on to my talons and I will fly you down the mountain." The owl says.

I grab onto the owl's feet and he flies me to Kakariko Village.

Zelda

Beth practically breaks down the door when we she opens it.

"How is he?" She demands.

"If you had taken a minute more than it would be too late." I tell her.

Casey's veins have turned black. The Dark Infection inches closer and closer to his heart.

Beth pops off the cork to the vial in her hand. I open Casey's mouth and she pours in the tears. His veins return to normal.

A minute goes by and Casey still hasn't woken up. Beth begins to cry. Suddenly, Casey gasps for breathe and coughs. Beth almost strangles him with the hug that she gives him.

"You scared the shit outta me!" She says through her tears and hits him on the chest. "I thought you were dead!" She hugs him.

Casey scratches the back of his head. "Sorry."

I look over at our stuff. The Bow of Light sits on top. We were so caught up in trying to save Casey that I forgot that we had the Light Arrows.

"We did it." I say aloud.

"What?" Casey asks.

"We have the Light Arrows and the Bow of Light. We can defeat Link and Ganondorf." I answer.