Epilogue: Tomb Raider

Hundreds of years later...
Lara Croft

"Tomb log number seven. I've found the long-lost Temple of Time. This is the supposed resting place of the legendary blade, the Master Sword." I say into my voice recorder.

My name is Lara Croft. I'm a tomb raider. As the title implies, I raid tombs for the magical, mythical, and sometimes supernatural artifacts that they hold. Today, I've found the Master Sword from the infamous legend, "The Legend of Zelda."

I walk up the small flight of steps to Pedestal of Time, which houses the Master Sword. I reach for the hilt to draw it from the Pedestal.

"Lara Croft! I knew I'd find you here!" An all too familiar voice says from behind me.

"Chase Riggs! Why am I not surprised?" I say sarcastically.

I draw one of my dual pistols and fire it at him. The bullet misses.

"You're losing your touch, Lara." Chase mocks.

"That was a warning shot." I say.

He begins to walk closer. He stands at the top of the flight of steps that lead to the Pedestal of Time. I draw my other pistol.

"Come any closer and I will put a bullet between your eyes!" I tell him.

He holds up both hands.

"All I want is the Sword, Lara." Chase says.

"This weapon is not a mere sword. It is a weapon from one of the most famous legends of all time."

"Oh God, here we go again. They are legends, Lara. They're not real!" Chase exclaims.

"If you knew the shit that I've had to go through to get some of the artifacts in my collection, then you would know that those stories are all too real." I tell Chase while pulling back the hammer of my guns and loading a round into each chamber.

He grabs a knife from his belt and throws it at me. I barely dodge it and fire at Chase. A bullet strikes him in the shoulder.

"Why must we always do this?" He says as he pulls the bullet from his shoulder.

I spin around and grab the hilt of the Master Sword. I pull up on the Sword but it doesn't budge. I look behind me to see Chase with a knife. He jumps in the air. I pull up on the Master Sword agains and it comes free.

Chase Riggs

I am Chase Riggs. I'm Lara's rival tomb raider. We were once best friends, but when Lara became this world-renowned adventurer, we grew apart. When that happened, I decided I would try to outdo her. I couldn't though, she was just too good at what she does.

Lara pulls the Master Sword from the Pedestal of Time. A flash of blue light knocks me away from her. A pillar of light has encased her now. I run at her and jump into the pillar with her.