Eli Goldsworthy Moving On ~12~

******

Authour's Note:

I am so sorry I have taken so long to update. Things have come up and I got distracted. . . . I'm really, very sorry.  I've decided that I am going to wrap up this story before the new Degrassi season, Now or Never. I'm excited to see how it goes. It's starting Monday, so a few chapters between today and tomorrow. Thanks for all the support I recieved on this story and for the people who stuck with me through it all. You are all so amazing. Thanks.

******

Eli watched Serena laugh, watching her wipe tears from her green-brown eyes. Once she had quieted down, Serena realized the serious expression on Eli’s face. She sat up straighter and said, “Are you serious?”

“Yes.”

“Eli, you don’t just go around asking people to live with you. I know you asked Julia . . . did you ask Claire, too?” Eli nodded. “Wow. I doubt my father would allow that, honestly, he would probably kill me just for asking.”

Eli nodded, already thinking this through. “Explain to him, I’m sure he’ll listen.”

“Eli,” Serena began.

“Just ask,” Eli said. “Please.”

Serena paused; Eli watched the gears turning in her head. She bit her lip the way she always did when she was deep in thought. While she thought, Eli played with her short hair, without realizing it she leaned into his touch.

“I’ll ask.”

Eli smiled, “Good.”

“But there’s no guarantee he’ll say yes.”

“I know.”

“I should go home now.”

“Okay.” Wrapping her into a hug, Eli murmured into her hair, just loud enough for her to hear. “It’ll all be okay.” In response, she hugged tighter.

*

That weekend, Eli walked up the steps of Serena’s house, knocking on the door. Kendall, Serena’s brother answered. Looking Eli up and down, from his black clothes to his black hair, he called into the house, “Serena!”

Serena came walking down the stairs slowly, but when she saw Eli, she sprinted to him, wrapping herself into him. “He’s here,” she mumbled so only he could hear her.

“Dude, where’s the –” a voice said, deeper than Kendall’s.

Eli felt Serena stiffen; she turned, looking a tall boy with naturally tan skin in his dull brown eyes. The boy –no the young man, studied Eli, as if he was a challenge, but from the expression on his face not a very big one.

First mistake.

“I’m gonna go get something to eat,” Kendall said, leaving.

The young man sauntered over with an air of arrogance with the thickness of pollution. Eli and Serena were just inside of the house, Serena was against a wall and he put arms on either side of her head.

Second Mistake.

He leaned in close to her, as she squirmed and tried pushing him away. He looked at Eli from the corner of his eyes.

Third Mistake.

Eli curled his fist, ready to knock the lights out of the arrogant asshole, but Serena fought first. “Get away!” she shouted, fire practically in her eyes, she lifted her hand and hit him in his throat. He cringed away from her, gagging to catch his breath.

“You idiot!” Serena yelled.

Eli punched him, putting all his weight into it. Henry fell to the ground, dazed. He stood as if to punch Eli back, but Serena was there in an instant pushing him back, down.

“What the hell?” Kendall shouted, watching Serena push Henry. “That’s just like you! Always messing things up! You stupid emo! Just get out and go cut yourself or something.”

Serena stood there, flabbergasted.

Eli went up to Kendall, ready to knock him the hell out, too, but a soft hand on his arm stopped him. Eli turned to look into hard green-brown eyes.

“There’s absolutely no point,” Serena said, walking out of the house in her bath robe and monkey slippers, looking more fierce and beautiful as ever.