Chapter 5

Beware of #TBT

Aphmau's POV

The next few days went rather anti-drama. No more drunk princesses, no more random babies in the streets, and no more of Nicole's mood swings. I kind of enjoyed the peace, although I did miss the usual daily life of drama-city.

Garroth wanted to take me out today, so I agreed. It had been a while since our last date, and I just really want to get out. But again, Garroth won't tell me where we're going, he just told me that it would last all day.

I woke up, and prepared to do my morning routine. But it was a bit different today. My morning routine consists of:

Step 1. Complain to myself about mornings.
Step 2. Complain to Zoey about mornings while I help her with breakfast.
Step 3. Eat breakfast and feel a trillion times better.

My morning routine is more of a mourning routine. I mourn for the nighttime, which had temporarily died.

Anyways, when I woke up, Garroth was still in bed, asleep. Then remembering that I had given him the day off, I lay back down. He has to get up at five every morning to get ready for his shift, which starts at six. I don't wake up until around eight. And we decided that we would leave at eight-thirty. So I let him sleep. I let myself sleep too.

When I woke up for the second time, Garroth was watching me intently, twirling my hair around his finger.

"Morning, sleepy-head." He said, and I sat up.

"Morning. How long were you watching me sleep? More importantly, why were you watching me sleep?"

"About twenty minutes. And you're cute when you sleep. And besides, you were sleeping on my arm."

"Oh, sorry about that."

"Don't worry about it. Ready to go?" He looked at me expectantly.

I nodded, "Just let me get dressed first."

"Of course."

I got up, and headed into the bathroom to change. I changed into a light blue tank top and some jeans, and threw a purple hoodie on. It was a chilly morning.

Heading out, I saw that Garroth had already gotten dressed. We headed downstairs and outside.

"Okay, so our first stop, a lovely breakfast in one of my favourite spots." He told me, and I nodded.

We walked out into the woods and came to a familiar clearing. The Wildflowers remained as beautiful as ever, and the lush green grass had not changed one bit.

This was where we had our first date.

We sat down to a picnic which had been pre-set, and we ate our breakfast. Then we decided to walk around for a bit. We talked and laughed and picked Wildflowers all morning.

Our next stop was the beach, in the small excluded area that Garroth had brought me to on the day he confessed to me. The  only difference was the Shadow Knight's food stand had been replace with a normal food court, which we bought food at and then ate in our area. After that we build sandcastles together and collected seashells. (It was still too cold to swim).

At sunset, Garroth told me that he had one more place he wanted to take me. He led me to the top of the hill near the Village. The hill where we had danced all night, carefree of anything and everything. We ate a diving dinner (which had also been pre-set) and looked at the stars.

"Do you know who you remind me of?" I asked.

"Who?"

"The knight in a book that I read. It's about a rebellious princess who's parents ordered a knight to protect. The knight falls in love with the princess, but she always pushes him away. She doesn't realize how much she truly loved the knight until he gives up his life to save hers. And that's where the book ends. It's called Rebelle." I took a breath, "that story keep no of reminds me of us, except for the whole 'girl hating boy's guts until he dies' part. But it's been more than once where you have nearly died saving me..."

Garroth's POV

She is right in a way. I would give my life if it meant she was alive and happy for just another day. But unlike the knight in the book, If I knew I didn't have any sort of hope of getting the princess, I wouldn't bother her.

Aphmau fell asleep looking at the stars with me. She was tired from our journey down memory lane. Deciding that it was time for bed, I picked her up and carried her home. I gently placed her in our bed, and got in next to her.

She was shivering, so I made sure that she was safely tucked in before I went to sleep. She had a small smile of her face, and she snuggled up to me.

An we slept like that.

A/N-- Hai!

Have you ever heard the phrase, 'the calm before the storm'?

Yeah.

I'm not saying any more than that.

Bai!

~Ninja