Chapter 7

A few hour after the last chapter

Garroth's POV

Zane had attacked us again. Why? I don't know, Aphmau and I are married so he can't force either of us into marriage, and we don't have anything that he wants, so I assume he's just doing this for his own personal pleasure.

Anyways, we are all in battle. Zoey had taken the kids to our designated evacuation spot, and everybody who couldn't/wouldn't fight had left. Except for Aphmau. She had stayed again, completely against my will, but she had brought up her 'as the Lord of this village I vow to never leave it in times of need' thing and she had not left.

Speaking of Aphmau, I'm going to get back to the battle. I was fighting off some O'khasis guards in the Plaza when Aphmau had come up to me. She was done checking all the houses and shops for anyone still there. Nobody had been found, thankfully.

But I was distracted from the battle, and narrowly escaped a fatal blow to the side. After my beautiful wife realized that she was distracting me, she pulled out her sword and ran to fight somewhere else.

We battled for hours, the typical battle between us. We're hardly even worried anymore, we've fought with O'khasis so many times. And suddenly, things changed.

The whole village went dead silent.

Nobody spoke.

Nobody moved.

Nobody even breathed. There, on top of the Phoenix Drop Wall, was Aphmau and Zane. Nobody else. One on one.

"I will take your village down, and I will stop you from rising up!" My cow-carcass of a brother yelled.

"No you won't. You have tried, many times in the past, and you have failed every time." My angelic angel of angel-ness shouted right back. She was a strong woman.

"Do you even know who I am?!"

"Yeah, some jerk wad of doom who is evil because he's a little jealous of his older brother, because he has got an absolute babe for a wife, and even the rats of O'khasis run away from you screaming."

Even I had to chuckle at that. Aphmau was the best when it comes to insults, even if they are a little bit childish for the current situation.

Despite how childish it was, Aph's insults worked. I could actually see Zane getting angrier and angrier with each passing second. It was good entertainment. Until this happened:

"You. Have no idea who I am." Bat-like wings, all torn up, appeared on his back, and the whites of his eyes turned black. He flew into the air, "One tiny person like you could never defeat the Prince Of Darkness!"

"You know, you're right. I could never beat the Prince Of Darkness, but the person who can beat you, the Lady Of Light!" She also grew wings, hers were pure white angel wings, with streaks of gold in the feathers. She had the same folded aura that she had described from Mira/Aurora. Her eyes changed as well. Instead of the amber colour that they usually were, they were silver, gleaming with the anger towards Zane. Flying up into the air, the two charged at each other, and there was a large collision. The sky filled with flashing light and dark. Zane went flying, farther than anyone could see, and Aph just hovered in the air above me for a second, before her eyes changed back, the golden aura went away, and her wings disappeared. She fell, and I was to catch her. She was unconscious, but she had gotten rid of Zane, for the time being. The only thing left to worry about, was my wife.

A/N-- Most predictable battle ever, but whatever.

Hai!

...

*cough

...

...Bai...

~Ninja