chapter 10

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
As we walked along the harsh winter terrain I was teaching the girls how to stay warm and stay silent. This terrain will help them learn. "P-p-percy, i-i-im co-l-ld." Zoë tugged on my sleeve. I just nodded my head and got her a jacket, never stopping. It sounds cruel but she needed to learn to survive.
Soon we reached a mountain. I concentrated and formed a hidden cave. Soon everyone was in the cave so I blocked the exit. The girls starting panicking. I clapped my hands and lights appeared above all of their heads, they soon formed themselves into a necklace with a charm, just for that person. As soon as the necklace formed it dropped into a girls neck and sat there. "You are all here for safety and to be trained, to protect the gods and goddesses. You will train here till I see that you are ready to fight. I will allow whoever wants to, to go back to their families. If you wish to go tell me now."
Soon almost half the group was raising their hand in the air.
I sighed but opened the cave and told them to exit. They walked out and I sealed the door shut. Everyone else I is to grab an shovel, wagon, or pick and start on the tunnels. We will be living here for a while. Soon it was time for dinner and I had all of the girls sitting in the cave. I summoned food and they started eating eagerly. Soon everyone was stuffed and leaning back against the walls of the cave. "Soon we start working again. This will train you to go long times with out sleep and help build up your muscles. We also have to make beds for when we do go to bed" I stood up and headed down one of the tunnels that we got done. It was a good mile or so long and starts to slope down deep into the ground. I could hear the girls following me. Some of them went down the other tunnels and we got started again.
----------------------------3 days-----------------------
At the moment we were eating dinner and the girls were teasing me about Artemis. Zoë was sitting on my lap playing with the light necklace I had given all of the girls. Even the ones that left still kept their necklaces. She was making the light into different shapes. She kept changing the shape but always put it back to its original form, it was a mini Ladon.
Soon she fell asleep and i put her on her bed. We have dug over 286 miles of under ground tunnels within the last three days. Everyone has their own rooms. Soon we will have a area to put our live food so they can practice hunting them down. We also have a wolf cavern where we keep wolves that each girl will tame and keep as their guardians. As I was checking on the other girls I heard growling. I ran to the wolf cave to see two wolves fighting with two hunters trying to separate them.
"ENOUGH!" I yell stopping both the girls and the wolves."what is going on here? "
"We were trying to pick a wolf when these two started fighting." Ginny told me.
I looked at the wolves before growling. Each wolf stepped infront of a hunter. " they chose you to be their master." I told the confused hunters before walking off. I walked down a tunnel and found a group of hunters playing a game. "Games over, its curfew." The hunters whined but still went to bed. As I neared my room I could hear sounds from inside. I slowly walked up to my door before carefully looking in to see a girl and wolf digging through my stuff.
"You know your not going to find what your looking for in my room." I leaned against the door frame as she spun around. "I only keep junk in here, anything of importance would be on my personal at all times or somewhere safe."
" where is the necklace? It was silver with a blue jewel in it."
"Sorry but I don't know what your talking about. The only necklace I have is not of your concern."
"Please if you have it I need it or my sister could die."
"You don't have a sister so why don't you really tell me what's going on." I step closer to her. Her wolf starts to growl but before he can do any real damage I growl at him, asserting my control. The wolf whines and tucks his tail between his legs hiding behind his owner.
"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY WOLF!?!"
"I showed him whose boss, now why are you here?"
"That necklace will help me control monsters. They wouldn't be able to hurt me if I wore it."
"Sucks I don't have it. Your also going to die. Traitors can't live." I ran forward and broke her neck.
I looked at the girls wolf and he looked frightened. I slowly pulled him to me and started petting him soothingly. I got up after awhile and walked to the wall and drew a triangle into the wall with my knife. It was the delta symbol. I pressed it and a door opened go the outside. I tossed the body out and closed the door. I walked over to my bed and the wolf snuggled into me. "I'll name you...Cosmo." I fell asleep petting Cosmo and thinking of Arty.
•••••••••••••••••Arty POV •••••••••••••••••••
I was walking around in a park on Olympus when faint pictures appeared in my head. They were of Percy and me then they were of Percy and different girls ranging from 6 years old to 20. After a minute they changed to Percy sleeping with a wolf beside him. Percy is projecting his thoughts. I wonder if he knows? I started thinking of Percy and our time spent together before he had to leave, then I started thinking of words and conversations we had. Soon all I could think of was out secret cliff and things I wanted to tell him.
Arty?
Percy?
How can you hear me?
You were projecting your thoughts.
So, I never got to ask you on that date. And I was thinking once this is all over I know this really good restaurant. What do you say?
Yes, I would love to.
I'll see you when it's time. Goodbye.
Goodbye Percy, I love you.
I love you to Arty.