Chap 24

Sally and Gerald decided to rather spend the Friday night with Barry and Rhoda leaving the ‘youngsters’ to enjoy themselves.  Because Sally knew all the best places to shop for something nice to wear; the four ladies spent the Thursday morning shopping.  This time Wesley did not have to plead with Bronwyn to use the card she still had for her purchases.  Rose and Sadie went off on their own while Sally helped Bronwyn; not that she needed much help.  She knew what she liked and stuck to it; choosing a more modest outfit for their planned night of clubbing.

She shyly asked Sally for her help in selecting a wider range of underwear than she would normally get.  At first Bronwyn was hesitant to dump anything she liked into the basket Sally was lugging around; but when she saw that Sally chose different colors of everything she selected for herself; she put back the colors she didn’t like; sticking to the lighter colors she preferred.  When Sally showed her the matching sets of silky bra and panty sets; she did not refuse the red or black set.  They looked absolutely decadent and she could not wait for an opportunity to wear them.

At first she did not even think of looking in the sleepwear section, but then she remembered that Wesley had said he thought of undressing her as unwrapping a gift.  Uncertainly she stood there, quite undecided until Sally saw something that she liked.  Or rather that she thought Gerald would like.

“It’s actually rather funny sometimes.  The way he sometimes looks torn between deciding whether he wants to look at me when I wear this kind of thing; or if he wants to take it off.”

“That’s the whole point.”  Rose said cheekily as she stretched past Bronwyn to grab a lovely deep green that would suit her skin tone very nicely.  “Erick loves just looking at me.  Sometimes he can stand there looking for what feels like hours to me.”

Bronwyn stared at her sister-in-law.  This Rose she had never seen before.  Rose had a far away look in her eyes with a dreamy expression on her face that made her look so beautiful.  No wonder Erick would sometimes stare at her then.

“Yeah,” Sadie butted in with a sweet voice; “and then Erick stops thinking about food and notices you there.”

“Hey!”  Rosie cried in mock outrage.  “Erick notices me plenty.”

This time Bronwyn brought more than a few bags full back home to Wesley and when he saw the store name on the bags it was all he could do to keep him self in his seat.  He was dying to see what she bought and he dared to hope that she had used the card he gave her.

Even without an audience, Bronwyn blushed as she packed away her shopping.  It was mostly underwear, but she had also bought a few outfits that she could leave there so that if she did stay over; she would not have to keep on carting a bag full of stuff around the whole time.

In the afternoon on Friday, Sally helped the three ladies get ready for their night of fun.  They still had to do their hair and war paint by the time she was ready to go; but they were big girls and could certainly see to that part all by themselves.  Jamie had been clever enough and had made reservations for dinner so they all had a pleasant time before Sadie declared that it was time they left for the club.

This time there was no misunderstanding as the three couples skipped the line again to the sound of disappointed would-be-patrons waiting in the queue.  The three bear shifters were there and made a special effort to greet Bronwyn politely.  Sadie and Rose could not wait to start partying; and they rushed her in.  As he did the last time, Wesley led them up to the VIP section where they were served their first drinks; everybody asked for different kinds of beers, and Erick ordered them a round of Vodka shooters; ‘to get the party started’; as he said.

Assured that their bags would be safe; the group went downstairs to dance. The beat was pumping through her body like the beat of her heart and after the shooter and half a beer, Bronwyn felt very relaxed and gave herself up to the music.  The six of them started off more or less in the same spot; but as the evening moved on; they became separated and more or less did their own thing.