Chap 3

Wesley smiled as he took the shortcut to the teachers lounge, wondering how Jim was young to take the news that one of his young students was his mate.  He would most likely be pissed as hell at first because he was scared that the school might be put at risk of a scandal; then happy for him; and then for good measure; pissed all over again.  Wesley almost started laughing out loud as he pictured his friend’s face alternating between blue and red.

{What on earth is that smile for?  Did you get an offer for blowjob from one of the faculty members again?}

Wesley rolled his eyes at his friend’s lame joke.  One of the student teachers had made him that same offer one day during the previous year in an attempt to get him to like her.  He had run away from her so quickly that the poor fool must have thought he was quite insane.  Not a bad alternative for what could have been a lot worse; at least as far as he was concerned.

{You are such a bloody idiot!  Can you think of an excuse for us to talk privately?}

“Ah, Wesley; just the man I was hoping to see!  Can you come to my office for a moment; I want to discuss how the new class schedule is going to affect your budget.”

Wesley nodded in agreement and thanks.  “Sure thing.”  He followed the headmaster to his office down the hall.

Entering the office Jim took out two bottles of ice cold water from the fridge and handed one to Wesley.  He gestured to the chair as he sat down on his own desk.

“What did you want to ask?”

“I did not want to ask anything.”  Wesley sank into the deep chair, debating his choice of words.  As he was thinking; his foot tapped idly and bumped lightly against Jim’s foot.  Immediately Jim pushed back playfully.  When their tigers were at rest; they tended to be playful.  And although they were not even closely comparable with the other shifter communities like the wolves as far as their whole ‘pack’ thing is concerned; they still valued family and friends highly and were openly affectionate with those they cared for.

“If you did not want to ask me something you must have some news to share.  Out with it!”

“OK; just don’t go all crazy when I tell you; alright?”

Jim only looked at him with a ‘really now?’ look as he took a swig of water before it warmed up too much in his hands.

Taking a deep breath the words escaped as he exhaled.  “I found her at last.”

Jim’s face was blank as he processed the news.  Wesley could see the way he ran through the changes in his schedule that would have brought this change.  Enlightenment flashed in his eyes as he realized where the only change had taken place and then he swept all expression of his face as he hissed at his friend.  “Are you out of your fucking mind!?  She is only a child for goodness sake!”

Wesley managed to keep his voice calm as he spoke.  “I know that.”

The quiet calm in his reply to Jim’s outburst had the desired effect and his friend calmed down; slightly.

“Crap!  What are you going to do about it; about her?”

Wesley sighed; thinking what he really wanted to do about all of it.  He wanted to claim her; so badly that his whole body felt as if it were ready to rip apart at the slightest provocation.  But Wesley wasn’t stupid.  There were steps involved during the mating process and he had no reason to hope that things could develop as far as it had.  Her touching him like that had strengthened his attachment to her and he could only hope that somehow; it had done something on his behalf to her as well.