Chapter 15 - reloaded?

Just a quick note to appologise to all my readers out there.  I only realized afterwards that the chapter would not be available to those who have not fanned, so this is me re-posting without those 'little' words that would block it from being available to everybody.

Bronwyn could not make out a word that was spoken.  Her brothers, parents and her sisters-in-law were having all talking at the same time, the one sprouting more nonsense than the other until she could not stand it anymore.

“Shut the fuck up!”  With wide eyes she clamped her hand over her mouth as she looked at the others to see if they heard what she thought she had said.

“Bronwyn!”  Wesley was shocked, staring at her like she had grown an extra head or two.  “There is no need for you to swear like that.  All you had to do was ask them nicely to shut up; and they will shut the fuck up.  OK?”

Still holding her hand over her mouth she nodded while she heard everybody else stutter with indignation. 

When at last they had all sort of calmed down, she faced her father.  “Dad, what is going on here?”

For not so obvious reasons, her dad seemed to be upset with her brothers; and when he took too long to answer, Jamie walked up to Bronwyn and hugged her tightly.

“Hey there slugger.”  He said stepping back and taking a calculating look at Wesley.  “Does she know?”

Wesley smirked at Jamie.  “Everything.”

“Good.”  Ignoring their father, Jamie took Bronwyn by the hand and led her to a chair, and he stood in front of her.

“Sadie is my mate, and Rose is Erick’s; they are wolves, and so are the two of us.  Now at least.”

Jamie lifted her and planted her down unceremoniously on the chair behind her.  “I met Sadie during my last year at school, remember; when Erick and I went on that camping trip with the rest of the guys?”  He waited for her acknowledgement before continuing.  “She was there with another group; I only found out later that they all belonged to the same pack.”

When Bronwyn frowned at that, Jamie glanced at Wesley; who shook his head.

“A pack is like a family of wolves all living together.  A big family in most cases, although, there are some smaller packs out there.  Our pack has over a hundred members.  We have one person who is in charge, sort of like a mayor; we call him the alpha.  Now I don’t think tigers work the same, but I am sure he will explain it all if he hasn’t already done that.”  Again he flashed a quick warning look at Wesley, and when Wesley only lifted an eyebrow at him, Jamie shrugged and faced Bronwyn again.

“Anyhow, I met Sadie and she immediately knew that I was her mate.  I did not even know anything of the sort.  I just thought I was the luckiest man alive when she started paying attention to me.  And then when we …” Hesitating, he glanced at Sadie who smiled back at him with a loving expression.  “Never mind.”

“Anyway, she later explained what the situation was and after I realized I loved her so much that I could not carry on without her, I agreed to meet their alpha.  We then explained that we were mates and he gave me a choice; I could stay human, or he could change me.  Only the alphas can do that.  Obviously I asked to be changed; I mean, who wouldn’t?”

All of the shifters in the room chuckled slightly and Sally shook her head at them while Bronwyn’s parents merely looked bored, as if they had heard this all too often before.

“So what are you saying?  That you and Eric have been changed into werewolves?”

Jamie nodded.  “Yes.  We are wolves and are part of Sadie and Rose’s pack.  We all live together with the pack in a village just outside town so that the young wolves are able to learn all there is to know without letting the secret out.”