Butterfly Suicide ~A Shino One-Shot~

Rain splattered the ground in the abandoned streets of Konoha. Puddles formed along the empty streets in random locations. Tikona trudged through the stormy weather with her head down. Pulling her hood over her orange hair, she covered her face from view. She was alone on the streets, splashing through the puddles of collected rainwater.

Such horrible weather today… She thought to herself.

But… Tikona looked up at the sky. I like the rain.

She lowered her head and continued to walk again, her ninja sandals clomping along silently as she walked across the street. A faint flash of red caught her eyes. She turned and looked down to see a lone butterfly floating weakly in a puddle of rainwater.

“Ne?” Tikona turned, bending down to examine the puddle. A butterfly…?

Reaching down, she placed her fingers carefully under the butterfly. She gently lifted it from its watery prison, being careful not to touch its wings.

Let’s find you a dry place…

Approaching her home, she unlocked and opened the door, placing her wet sandals near the door to dry out. Hurrying to her room, she made sure the butterfly’s wings weren’t damaged.

No, just wet…

She turned on her desk lamp on, and put the tip of her fingers against the wood and let the delicate insect crawl off her hand. It did so obediently, opening its wings so they could dry under the heat of the desk lamp. Tikona watched it silently, orange locks of hair drifting in front of her ocean blue eyes.

Such an abstract wing pattern… It’s almost dizzying…

Looking outside, moonlight shimmered faintly through dark storm clouds. Tikona gave on last look at the wet butterfly on the desk before heading over to bed for a peaceful night’s sleep.

~~~~~~~^-^~~~~~~~

The next morning…

Tikona opened her eyes to see butterfly wings fluttering over her sleepy lids.

She screamed, and heard the calls of birds being scared away outside. She knew better then to swat the bug away, considering it just healed from being damp. Instead she reached up and had the butterfly fly onto her hand.

Little guy sure gave me a scare.

She stood up and had the butterfly float to the alarm cloak on her desk. She sighed and gave a glance at the clock. Her eyes went wide.

9:30! I’m late!

Scrambling to get ready, she flew down the stairs with her toothbrush in her mouth and her hoody over her eyes.

The butterfly flew after her, but Tikona was too busy getting ready that she didn’t notice it landing on her back. She hopped out the door while trying to strap on her sandal. Sprinting away she hurried to the training ground where her team waited her arrival.

~~~~~~~^-^~~~~~~~

Tikona slowed her sprint to a fast walk as the training grounds appeared.

“Oi Tikona! You’re late!” Kiba yelled as she approached the ground out of breath.

“G-gomen, Kiba… Woke up late…” She said, trying to catch her breath.

“Well, at least you’re here… Kurenai-sensei! Tikona is here!”