Jealous? ~Roxas One-Shot~

"Hey, Axel, look at the sunset," Mallorix demanded lightly, pointing out toward the setting sun with her stick of Seasalt Ice cream. The sky was mixed with an array of beautiful colorations, ranging from a soft seashell pink to a deep fiery red. The red color made her smile, tightening her hold on her best friend's hand a little. "Isn't it pretty?"

"You could say that..." Axel murmured, taking the popsicle stick out of his pursed lips. He was looking out at the horizon intently, emerald eyes reflecting the multi-colored light. She smiled softly at him and leaned against his side, closing her eyes and beginning to feel a little drowsy. She had the right to feel so; they had just finished the most tiring assignment of collecting hearts Mallorix had ever been through. "Hey, don't fall asleep, Mal!"

"I can't help it, I'm tired..." Mallorix complained, propping open one eye in slight annoyance. "Aren't you sleepy at all, Axel?"

"Nah," He sighed. "I'm used to chaotic missions like that one. But whatever, right? Get some sleep, you're probably exhausted."

"I thought you just told me to stay awake?"

"I changed my mind," He told her, reaching down so he could peck her on the forehead. "I'll carry you home, okay?"

"Axel..." She murmured as she began to close her eyes. "Thanks..."

"Don't mention it. You're my girl," He tapped his temple and she smiled. "Got it memorized?"

"Yeah, it's memorized," She muttered before letting her dreams carry her off into another world.

~~~>-< ~~~

She remembered times like that; when she truly believed that she and Axel were destined to be together. She had to admit that did happen to have quite the crush on the fiery assassin, but that all disappeared when the newest members of the Organization appeared. The first one that came was a boy by the name of Roxas, the next a girl by the name of Xion. The two of them were as sweet and friendly as can be, a comfortable relief from all the tension that the other Organization members emitted.

It only took about three missions too completely and utter fall in love with the new blond-haired member, and only one more to figure out that Roxas returned the feelings. It was truly perfect, an amazing, unstoppable love. There was only one problem, or rather two:

1) Roxas was prone to jealousy.

2) Axel loved to exploit that flaw.

And there lied the problem.

"Ah, hey, Roxas, Mallorix!" Axel had said one day after coming back from another successful mission.

"Hello, Axel!" The two had said together, giving rather large grins.

Axel sat down on the edge of the clock tower next to Mallorix. Roxas sat on her other side, turning on the defense. Axel noticed as Roxas tensed up, taking advantage of the situation. He looked at Mallorix with false alarm, raising a hand up to her face.

"What's this?" He exclaimed, and Mallorix looked between him and his hand, confused. "It looks like you still have some ice cream on your cheek." He rubbed his thumb over what was believed to be on her face, and a small pink blush formed on her cheeks. Roxas gritted his teeth, wrapping an arm around the girl and pulling her close. Axel just smirked and laid back in triumph.

Although Axel did understand that Mallorix was now in love with someone else, he didn't waste time having fun by making Roxas jealous. Whether he would just irk the boy through small little gestures or comments, it was clear that it did affect Roxas. Mallorix didn't mind the squabbles, she found it quite humorous. And, in the end, it only showed that Roxas cared about her and didn't want to lose her.