Coward Mont Blanc ~Sasuke One-Shot~

---

The sum of my thoughts on everything, if they were expressed in just these words...

There's "darling," I suppose, yet "burden" too; is that the extent of me and you?

---

Sitting across from him, I felt it again. That horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach; it indicated the thoughts we were both thinking. Things we could never really express in words-- or rather, I couldn’t. I didn’t want to, or like to, bite my tongue and keep quiet, but that’s how it always been. I could never say the words that were playing on my mind.

So, instead of facing the feeling and the thoughts, I looked back down at the sweet food on my plate. The cake was layered thick with frosting, which was vanilla, atop of yellow cake. It had a decorative piece of chocolate on the top of the cake; bottom buried in the frosting. It was the kind of cake I only got when I needed something to pick me up or distract me.

I could feel his stare, burning into the fork on my hand and the cake in front of me.

“I hate sweets.”

And, with that, I took a bite.

---

Who is it, may I ask, that's being loved? The way that it's been for all that time...

Gone away, no longer to be seen, although I know I should yet still be feeling

When time has passed, and you forget, reflections fade like sunset...

---

I glanced out my window, frowning as I stared at the twinkling stars. Sunset was long gone now, taking away with it all the calming colors and leaving me with the black and white-speckled night. I remembered the times when our love was enjoyable and happy; but I knew it in the back of my mind. Those days are gone-- these were but memories of the things I wish for. I missed those days that were but only happy lies that made our love stay alive.

Nowadays, it floundered about like a fish out of water. I still had feelings for him, but I couldn’t tell if was feeling the same. What thoughts were bouncing around in that head of his? I could never tell, and there lies the problem. Was it me that was being loved or the other side? He was unreadable; and I was sure that I was an open book. Things were never going to be the same, so I will just continue this love...

Closing my eyes, I fell back onto the bed. The soft covers seemed sweet and so I curled up into them. Breathing in deeply, I heaved another one of those heavy sighs. To say ‘I love you’ isn’t as easy as it used to be. Especially to him. Nothing was easy anymore. Its like the beginning was love on training wheels, but now, they had been removed and left me scared out of my mind of falling and hurting myself.

Opening my eyes, I could still taste it. I felt a few tears come in vain; their taste was salty compared to the sweet cake I had but a few hours earlier this day. And his words, bitter and sour, echoed in my mind. They stole with them the last sweet sensation I had left, leaving me with only the memories.

---

Real is good? It's not so; I'll always answer no

I hesitate away, I'm still a coward

Over a contract, we speak

I'm sinking down again; you've got me, and it's in you where I'll always end