5 | Suck It, Pervert

I stood there, staring at the 'ship' as Vincent said it was called; it was ENORMOUS. Words could not describe my fascination toward it.

"We are going to be on that?" I asked with my jaw dropped.

"Absolutely," He patted me on the head, "Just to let you know, there was a famous ship that sank in the atlantic ocean a couple of years ago. It departed from Southampton to New York. It's pretty funny since it's the other way around for us. It was called Tita-"

"You! You and the Hispanic lady there! Are you passengers of this ship?" a young man asked Vincent, approaching us.

Great, just when I was listening to babbling I would never understand, another man decided to add more weird words on my list.

Vincent fixed his hat, "Why yes, the ship leaves tomorrow. Something wrong?"

The man stopped and scratched the bridge of his nose, "Well, I don't think so. Have you two done your physical exams yet? The line is over there." he pointed to a warehouse with people waiting patiently for their turn.

The guy looked at me suspiciously, as if I was some sort if stinky dead rat. I glared at him, "Do you assume that I have some disease?"

He faltered, "Uh, no. Just safety measures. All third class have to go through it as an obligation."

Vincent grabbed my shoulder, "Calm down." I released a deep breath and turned back to look at the ship in amazement.

He looked at the man, "Sir, I paid for two one-trip second class reservations. But we will take the exam, if that is what you're worried about. No one wants to be part of an epidemic breakout during the trip at sea." The man agreed, they shook hands as he recommended us a hotel nearby where we could stay the night and also mentioned a few tourist spots to visit before leaving New York.

After some exhausting exams, we headed to the recommended hotel and Vincent asked for a two-bed room. We dropped our things and left the building.

Vincent taught me a few things about maps, since coordinates were a bit more difficult for me. We went to many different tourist spots and had dinner as well; although we couldn't eat at the restaurant because I was lacking 'table manners', which would lead us to getting kicked out for the sake of the snobby people. And finally, we made our last stop: Central Park.

I stretched my arms and yawned loudly as we were sitting on the grass, I turned to Vincent to see if he had received my I-want-to-go-to-sleep clue.

He was staring at a woman, attempting to reach papers that were slipping from her grasp because of a wind that kicked in. She was really pretty. She had dark blonde hair, light brown eyes and was also a little plump.

She gasped as another paper flew across the trail where she was standing and I realized she was trying to keep her skirt from lifting with her left hand.

Vincent kept staring at the woman with a small grin on his face.

And then it hit me.

I pinched his nose and gave him a thwack on the head, "You. Are. Disgusting!" His face turned red in embarrassment whilst him wincing in lieu of pain.

A paper came across me and I caught it. I stood up and went for the lady. I gave her the item aggressively and swatted her hand away from pulling her skirt down so I could pull it down for her.

Her cheeks flushed, "Eek! What are you doing?!"

I shot her a glance from below, "Listen, mysteriously attractive woman," I pointed to Vincent, "That guy was staring at your slim legs, when he is completely scared of seeing me naked! Can you believe that?!" I growled.

She sighed, "Men." She thanked me (I don't know what for) and we both collected the missing papers together.

We stood awkwardly in silence. I couldn't take it any longer, so I asked slowly, "What is your.. name?"

She giggled, "You're not from here, are you?"

"No, now answer the question." I said blankly.

"I'm sorry, I just found it amusing that you don't know how to introduce yourself to others. My name is Georgia, nice to meet you." She held out her hand to me.

What does she want me to do? Sniff it?

She smiled softly, "Shake it, silly!" I raised an eyebrow and grabbed her four stretched out fingers, shaking them up, down, left and right.

"Like that?"

"Oh, goodness! You are a very funny girl, I like you. What's your name?"

I looked back to see Vincent, sitting on the grass amused by me trying to be 'social' with somebody.

I turned my head to face Georgia. "My name is Ceresse. I am traveling with that perverted man over there, his name is Vincent something."

She patted me on the head, "Oh my gosh! You're so cute!" I felt something funny emitting from my body, apparently it wasn't a feeling, my wolf ears had popped out. My eyes widened as I covered them quickly. Georgia's eyes widened as well, "Wow, you're special! I need to go too, I have a long trip tomorrow, I hope we meet again, Ceresse." She walked away as I stood there, shocked at what just happened.

Is there something wrong with this woman? No sane human would ever stay calm after seeing wolf ears appear out of someone's skull!

I walked back to Vincent, "We need to leave, now. I am very tired." I breathed out heavily.

"I'm not tired yet," he pouted, "By the way, did you get her name?"

I glared at him, "Her name is- suck it, pervert."

Vincent's mouth dropped. "Hey! Did I do something wrong?"

Silence.

"Ceresse, don't ignore me! Wait up!"

I looked back at him. Why did I feel angry at him? And why did I have this urge to jab him repeatedly until he got knocked out?

You are really unbalancing my sanity of mind, Vincent.