7 | Don't Leave His Side

"CERESSE!" I kept shouting. My throat began to burn after calling her name for fifteen consecutive minutes.

People were chattering and carrying their luggages up and about, meanwhile others onboard were waving goodbye to their loved ones who were down below wishing a good and safe trip for them.

Ah, guess that's when there's people who love you, huh?

Wonder what that feels like...

"Oomph!" a feminine voice cried.

I turned to see the back of a woman, stumbled on the hard flooring trying to get on her feet once again. I apologized continuously for being distracted and helped her back up.

She lifted her head, "Oh, it's alright Vincent! I'm positive you didn't do it intentionally."

"G-Georgia?", I said incredously, "You're also here huh?"

"You bet! And I'm going to be all over the place!" she flailed her arms around. "You see, I am currently pursuing my dream career, which has a lot to do with traveling and learning about different cultures. One time, I went to the...."

All over the place? Ha, the face Cerresse will make when she sees Georgia, will be priceless.

Wait.

"..which is how I learned the call of mating gorillas. Ooh! And another time I saw these people who are just like our furry friend! Oh, but they were so rude!" Georgia continued.

I smacked my hand onto my face, "Damn it, I need to find Ceresse. We were separated moments after getting on the ship."

Georgia flickered her eyes at me, "Oh, dear! She's lost? We must find her, where is she?"

That last part would've gotten her slapped, wait, no, punched by Ceresse already.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

- Ceresse's POV -

My ears began to twitch badly. Ugh, that meant bad news. It only happened when there was someone I didn't like close by.

Well, as long as it's Vincent...

I came to my senses, lifted myself up from the steel bars at the edge of the ship and took one last bite of my red apple. How did that twat get lost? I told him for us to look for the place loaded of food first. What was it called again, kitchen?

Ha, it almost sounds like chicken.

Chicken.

Sweet, juicy chicken...

A soft breeze came when all of a sudden I felt a strong yank on my left arm. I turned furiously, "You idiot, what do you think you're-"

I thought it was Vincent, but I was wrong. Before me stood a young man around my age, he looked less idiotic than who I thought he was. But the face he had, just screamed dominance... which was completely useless because it had no effect on me.

"A gorgeous girl with an attitude? I don't think that adds up well." he winked.

I yanked my arm back, glaring, "Well? Who do you think you are to be using force on me, huh?"

He grinned, "You don't need to beg for my name, sweet pea, but it's James. And I came up to you because, well, why not?"

Oh ho ho ho, he's a bigger butt than Vincent.

"I am currently waiting for someone. Leave."

"But you're so cute! I can't leave without knowing your name." The bufoon grabbed my hand and pressed his lips on it.

"Aagh!" I shrieked, "What are you doing, are you trying to eat my hand?!" I pulled it away in disgust.

James laughed, "Come on, you've never been flirted on before?"

I looked at him blankly, as if giving him an answer to his question.

"Ok, let's start things slow, shall we?" he said.

"Uh, no, let us end things instead." I deadpanned.

I was about to turn ignoring his defeated face, when my stomach began to growl.

I need food, now.

I had the feeling James had heard when he said, "Hey, would you like to have some dinner with me tonight?"

Having my head turned in a split second, I answered, "Food, you say?"

He smiled at me, almost warmly, "Yes! I'll be more than happy to have a nice dinner with you. If you tell me your name, of course."

"Ceresse." I answered almost immediately.

"That's a beautiful name. See you tonight, Ceresse. I'll meet you at the western hallway, the one closest to the deck." He waved goodbye and began to walk away.

My ears began to twitch again. I called to James quickly, "I am taking someone with me, got it?!"

He looked behind me and replied, "Sure! I'll take a friend of mine too. I Hope he likes blondes though."

Once again, my ears twitched, but this time, I could hear someone calling my name in an annoying high-pitched tone. I turned terrified to see who it could be. My ears never lied, ever!

I saw her coming closer and closer, jiggling in a whooping pink poofy dress. Georgia reached me and gave me a tight bear hug.

I was crying inside already.

"Oh, Ceresse, I found you! You don't know how worried we had been for these past hours!"

"What are you doing here? Wait, you and who else?" I groaned as she released me.

"Me and Vincent, silly!" She waved her hand, "Here she is, Vincent! She's okay, so stop crying!"

He was most definitely not crying.

And along he came. Among the people on board, I could recognize him so easily. As he got closer, I could see his eyes slightly red. He widened his eyes when he saw me and expressed relief.

I crossed my arms, "Now, don't go acting like you were crying, Vincent. I didn't believe Georgia so take off that little mask of yours."

He ignored me and crashed his arms around me, deeply. "Thank goodness you're okay." He sinked his face on the side of my neck, breathing heavily.

My face started to feel warm, "V-vincent?" What the he-"

"Be quiet, Ceresse. Just let me hug you for a while..."

My arms were simply hanging down. I had strange thoughts in my mind. It seemed that Georgia was swooning over something. I gave her a confused look as to what was happening with Vincent.

She mouthed to me, "Don't leave his side."

But the most confusing thought that crossed my mind was, how did she and Vincent know each other?