The New Episode (reader's POV)

You snuggled under your favorite blanket, excited to watch the new episode of Doctor Who. It was a brand-new special that was going to bring back Matt Smith, the best of all thirteen Doctors.
It was a cool episode, you thought to yourself. The Doctor and Clara were lost on a planet filled with many, many different kinds of hostile robots, all with gleaming electric blue eyes.
At one point, the Doctor walked right past the camera, then walked back, staring right at the screen, it seemed. And then...and then...his eyes met yours.
You couldn't help a small gasp. It really looked like he was looking right at you. "Hello, what's this?" The Doctor murmured. Clara turned back, staring out at the screen as well. Her lovely brown eyes met your <your eye color> ones.
"What's your name, then? How did you get stuck in there?" You waited for the camera to pan over to whatever was stuck inside this newest horrible robot. But the camera didn't move.
"Clara, look who we found."
Clara nodded, a smile on her face. "Oh, <y/n>, we've been looking everywhere for you!"
Your eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. They'd been looking for you?
The Doctor took out his screwdriver, buzzing it around the edges of the TV screen. "Ohhhh, I see." He whispered, checking the readings. "They steal a child, plant a chip in their head, make them think that this artificial world is really their home. How about we get you out of there, eh?"
You're confused. "How?" You ask. The Doctor laughed like it was a silly question. "Just climb through the screen!"
You were just about to get up when in walked <name of sibling/roommate/parent>. "Hey, <y/n! How's the special?" You glanced at the TV. The Doctor and Clara made a robot shoot sparks and pretended to fight it for a minute, to make it look like a real show. "Uhm...good!" You replied, trying to act normal. "Oh, really?" <name of sibling/roommate/parent> said. Their voice had taken on a strange metallic ting. <n/s/r/p> turned toward you. You stifled a scream. Their eyes were the same electric blue as the robots' in...real life, you guessed. "Gotcha." They whispered.
You dashed for the TV, but <n/s/r/p> blocked your way. Their fingernails elongated into bright silver talons, and they opened their mouth to spit purple fire. You screamed, backing away, throwing everything you could find at this monster. The Doctor and Clara both screamed as well, the Doctor fumbling with his screwdriver, trying to help. He finally turned it to the right setting. The monster collapsed, its skin flickering away to reveal a metal skeleton.
You let out a shaky breath and dove through the TV screen. As soon as you did, it felt like you'd woken up. Glancing back at your "home" through the TV screen, you wondered how you could have possibly been fooled by the seemingly incredibly obvious setup. It was all coming back to you. You lived in <your hometown>. You travelled with the Doctor, you had for a while. How did you forget that? Clara was your <best friend/girlfriend, whichever you prefer>. You smiled. It was good to be back.
"So, how'd I get in there anyway?" You asked, giving the screen a disdainful kick. The Doctor started off on one of his long-winded explanations, and Clara pulled you into a side hug as you all walked together back to the TARDIS. It was time for your next adventure, wherever it might take you.