Chapter 4

Chapter 4

That night I was so confused and worried about everything happening that I couldn't sleep. No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't drift off. But when I eventually did, I found myself dreaming...

* Alice's Dream *

I ran towards Harry, he was running towards me. I opened my arms to break into a massive hug and he picked me up off my feet, twirling me around in a circle. I screamed in protest but he just kept spinning faster. Our eyes met and I found myself floating into the air, plucked out of his arms. I was rising higher and higher, Harry shouted "ALICE!" but I couldn't speak, I saw him say something as I rose but I couldn't hear. Suddenly, a bird flew straight into me, knocking me, making me fall down out of the sky, back down to earth. Everything went black, then I was back with Harry, his arms around me and his eyes locked onto mine. "I love you." he said.

I woke up with my heart pounding and two tears on my cheeks. Well, that was weird! What could it mean? I dragged myself out of bed and got ready for school. Being optimistic, I decided to call for Sophie on the way. "What are you doing here?" she asked sharply.

"Oh, just thought you were my friend and that you wouldn't mind me walking to school with you if you knew the truth about the rumour. It wasn't me that spread it, it was Freddie!" I replied equally sharply.

"OH! So that's who spread it!" she exclaimed. "So sorry, I'm so gullible, you should know that! Let me get my things."

Sophie got her stuff and we walked to school as if nothing had happened. After a while, I asked her "Soph, can you try and get the word out that I didn't spread the rumour. It's not nice that people are harsh to you when you haven't done anything..."

"Sure! Don't worry." she replied with a smile. We got to school and I found Mandy waiting by the benches with a huddle of friends around her. Bravely, I walked up to her and said "Mandy?" She looked up at me with the saddest eyes and I knew something was up. "It wasn't me that spread the rumour. It was Freddie... What's wrong?"

"I dumped Alex. He was cheating on me and he was the one who said you spread that rumour... I'm really sorry about everything. It was all a big misunderstanding." she said sadly. Without hesitation I hugged her tightly. "I'm sorry too." I whispered. We came into registration and our tutor was saying a load of rubbish about uniforms and equipment but I couldn't care less. Alex had hurt Mandy and I didn't want her to end up heart broken like I was. Plus I had that weird dream that I didn't understand... yeah I understood the fantasising about me and Harry, I fancy him for goodness sake! But what was the flying about?

After 15 minutes it was time for first lesson - Maths. I sat next to Mandy in this so I could talk to her more, but Harry was on our table too... And Alex... oh, this was hopeless. I sat down in my seat in Maths and some worksheets were handed out. I scanned the table and it was quite interesting to see what everyone was doing - Alex : Staring straight through Mandy at a pretty blonde girl who sat behind her, Harry : Getting on with his work and looking up at me and Mandy weirdly, Mandy : Sat with her head slumped on the table, looking like she wished she was dead and Me : Watching everyone silently, wondering why on earth Harry was looking at me like that.

After a long lesson where nobody uttered a word on our table, then another boring lesson, it was finally break time. Somehow Mandy managed to get away before me and I saw her on the field talking to Harry. They were very close together and call me crazy but it looked like she was flirting with him... No that can't be right! I couldn't believe my eyes as Mandy leaned toward Harry and kissed him. My heart dropped to the floor and became a precious vase, shattered into a million pieces.

"I couldn't have seen that right! She would never do that. Never. I must have imagined it." I thought, panicking frantically. But it was all too real when Harry came towards me, the traitor not far behind...