Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Harry's POV

What was I going to do? Alice had fainted in the middle of the school field! I wanted to get help but I couldn't just leave her... Wait! Is that Georgina? "Georgina!" I called frantically. She saw me and rushed over. Thank goodness! She might be able to help.

"What have you done, Harry?" she screamed at me. Uh oh...

"Nothing, I swear! She kind of fell over while running and fainted." I replied.

"Well what were you even doing to make her run away anyway? If you said something that hurt her..." she threatened me by shooting an imaginary gun at my head.

"I didn't!" I cried, getting angry.

"What did you do?!" Georgina yelled.

I shuffled awkwardly. I didn't want to tell her yet, I didn't really think Alice actually loved me back from her reaction. Sighing, I gave in and said "I told her I loved her."

Georgina was confused for a minute, then her face softened and she said, "Oh?" as more of a question than a realisation.

I realised she was waiting for an explanation so I managed to say, "I said I loved her and she said she loved me too, but then she realised what she'd said, and started to run away. I tried to stop her, but she tripped and fell before I could reach her. She let out a sort of cry or shout then..." I swallowed down the tears choking up my throat. "...collapsed on the ground."

Georgina's POV

I felt a pang of sympathy for Harry, which turned into anger. "Why did you go and tell her now? She's been trying to get over you and I bet she had before you went and confused her again!" I shouted. He stayed silent and just sat down next to Alice, laying his head in his hands. I swore I saw a tear escape down his cheek.

I ignored him to look at my best friend and saw she was moving "She's waking up!" I cried happily. She erupted into laughter and I doubled up, tripping over myself in shock. Soon though, I joined in as Harry looked on, speechless. I stopped laughing and asked, "How long have you been awake?" I had twigged she had heard most of or quite a bit of our conversation.

"Long enough." Alice replied simply, her eyes still laughing. I dragged her up and pulled her into a hug then asked, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Georgina. Don't worry." she replied. I smiled and looked at Harry who was hastily moving towards Alice.

"Right, lets go get you checked out. I don't trust you when you say you're alright. You fainted for goodness sake!" I ordered.

Sighing, Alice said, "Alright." She paused, then looked back at Harry who was staring at her, saying nothing. "Let's go." I took that as my cue to help her walk quickly away from him and get her to the medical room.

I told the receptionist what had happened, then rushed off to first lesson because I hadn't realised how late it was and missed registration! I was so angry with Harry... What was he thinking? But I was more concerned for Alice...

"Miss Taylor! Can you explain why you're so late?" Mr Hall said angrily. He was a decent teacher and I was never late so he couldn't exactly punish me over one tiny mistake.

I rolled my eyes and explained to him about Alice. He had concern written all over his face and asked "Is she alright?"

Alice's POV

I sat on the uncomfortable plastic chair staring out of the window. It was so boring in here! The nurse had insisted I rested until I was stronger. But I was fine - in fact, never better! That cry that I let out before I fainted had healed my heart completely. I wasn't broken anymore! I was ready to let any boy into my heart. I was a new person and couldn't wait to tell Georgina!